How To Make Heart Shaped Cupcakes?

Baking By ArtieTs Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 3:54pm by scootinby

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 16

Help anyone. I have an order for heart shaped cupcakes. Does anyone know the best way to do this? I've seen heart shaped pans both metal & silicone but is there such a thing as a heart shaped paper liner? From what I've seen I can definitely use the silicone liners to bake but what on earth do you serve them in? Not the silicone I'm sure. Thansk for any help.

15 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 16

I have only seen the aluminum heart shaped tart like pans sold at the grocery store but ther aren't attractive alone.I would be interested to know where to find them also!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 16

How about this - bake a sheet cake, cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter, and wrap them in these:
http://www.fancyflours.com/site/7100-CF-FRD-1.html

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 16

One way I came across doing this on the net was to fill your regular cupcake liners as normal and then roll up some foil about the size of a marble and place it between the cupcake liner and the pan and then it should bake heart shaped, liner and all!

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:04am
post #5 of 16

try the regular round paper liners- they usually conform well to most shaped pans you put them in

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by banba

One way I came across doing this on the net was to fill your regular cupcake liners as normal and then roll up some foil about the size of a marble and place it between the cupcake liner and the pan and then it should bake heart shaped, liner and all!

Yup! I have a cupcake magz at the shop and this is exactly how they show making heart shaped cupcakes.

ArtieTs Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:30pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by banba

Yup! I have a cupcake magz at the shop and this is exactly how they show making heart shaped cupcakes.

Wow!!! thanks for that trick. It took me a minute to get my mind around how to get this one to work but after my brain fart, I can see it working. I can't wait to try it, as I need to try to keep costs as low as possible these days. I can not afford new heart shaped pans for just one order. I'll let you guys know how they come out. Oh by the way, what cupcake magazines are available ? thanks again.

indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #8 of 16

I bought this one in my local cake supply shop. icon_confused.gif

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:17am
post #9 of 16

Reynolds, the foil brand, do heart shaped foil cups. I have used them both for baking and for doing jello.

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:56pm
post #10 of 16

I use the foil ball also. Here is a link to give you a picture of what it looks like.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50094

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:09am
post #11 of 16

You guys beat me to my response - one tip to add though... I used real marbles. I read this in a magazine when my kids were small (all adults now) and it worked great.

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:39am
post #12 of 16

Williams-Sonoma now has a cupcake pan that only makes heart-shaped tops. The bottoms are round.

Check it.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/cw424/index.cfm?pkey=ccake-pans-cupcake-pans&ckey=cake-pans-cupcake-pans

ArtieTs Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:43pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by msladybug

I use the foil ball also. Here is a link to give you a picture of what it looks like.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50094

Thanks for this link. I tried this last weekend and I'm not sure why but me with my brilliant self put the marbles in the pan after I filled the liners?!?!?!?!?! icon_sad.gif No heart shaped cupcakes that weekend but cupcakes nonetheless. I will try again & do it the corerct way this time. Wish me luck.

indydebi Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:52pm
post #14 of 16

This is the cupcake magazine I have. It was written by the mother-daughter team that owns Country Kitchen. There are some really cool cupcakes in here!!!

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=629287

Bakki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakki Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:35am
post #15 of 16

BRILLIANT!!! What a SUPER GREAT IDEA!!
I would go so far a to also ADD two fine elipse shaped foil pieces and place at the side to help tapper it more to a point!

Im GUNNA try this THIS week! I think this is a brilliant idea! I did an accidental cupcake in heart shape but that was using pattypans on a tray & was a total fluke ..but I did decorate it in a heart designing style!!

I HAVE to try this out - THANKS guys for the GREAT TIP!
icon_biggrin.gif

scootinby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scootinby Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:54pm
post #16 of 16

Just came across this, hope its not too late!

To create the heart shape, place a small marble or a 1/2-inch ball of aluminum foil between each liner and one side of the tin (a great job for kids). This will push the paper into the batter to form the notch in the heart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%