I Need To Make A Snack For 80 Kids Any Ideas?

Lounge By mom2my3girlz Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 6:12am by sweetness_221

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 10

I signed up at church to bring in a snack next month but I didn't know Iwas going to be the only one. Oh well too late now. Any ideas? Something easy and quick please.

9 replies
tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 10

you could do something like a chex mix type thing. Just put all your stuff into a big bown and then scoop it into little baggies. I bet it would not take long at all.
mini cupcakes.
make a brownie in a sheet pan then cut into small square cubes and put in baggie with powdered sugar and toss around then put in a bowl or something. i don't know, just some ideas maybe icon_smile.gif good luck

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 10

80 kids icon_eek.gif What about crackers and cheese or veggies and dip? How big of a snack are you expected to provide?

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 10

I have a recipe for a treat called "Critter Crunch" Uses small teddy grahams - It makes a whole big Bowl full - is very yummy! I used to make it for my daycare kiddies when I had one, and they loved it - doesnt cost a whole lot to make. You can PM me if youd like the recipe
HTH

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 10

What kind of event is taking place that you need to bring in snacks for 80 kids? Is other food being provided other than the snack? I hesitate to say bring something sweet if that is the only thing the kids will be eating, I would do what tdybear1978 said and bring a chex mix type snack.

prcutie71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prcutie71 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 10

Puppy Chow...using chex or crispix cereal, melted choco chips with peanut butter and butter, then powdered sugar. Very yummy easy to make and never had a complaint...

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 10

Mini-muffins? Apple slices and caramel dip? Jell-O Jigglers?

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 12:02am
post #8 of 10

How about Rice Crispy Treats? All kids love these.

heartsfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsfire Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:42am
post #9 of 10

I had to do this for school once. The school said it had to be healthy so I went to the store and bought the frozen ready to use (after thawing of course) phyllo cups. I filled them with sugar free pudding and added sliced strawberry, kiwi and blueberries. The kids loved them even if it was all sugar free.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 6:12am
post #10 of 10

Well since Valentine's day is next month you could make a bunch of heart shaped sugar cookies with frosting/sprinkles. Kids love frosted cookies. If you are wanting to do something a little healthier maybe you could make ants on a log. Would they have time to make their own snack? Or do you have to have something already prepared? If it's possible I think the kids would love to be able to "make" their own snack. Decorate their own cookie, cupcake, ants on a log, etc... I also like the idea of puppy chow. My family loves that and it is so addictive. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%