My Penguin Cake

Decorating By OneWoman Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 8:33pm by jjkarm

OneWoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneWoman Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone...I'm a long time lurker and rare poster, hehe, but thought I'd share some photos of a cake that I did last month. I've taken a couple of the Wilton courses and may someday take the others...it was a blast!

So this was a penguin cake I made for a winter themed party my children had last month. It was my first time using fondant and gumpaste to make figures and I was really nervous about being able to pull it off - but I was pleased with the result. Just like using playdough! My main problem was that some of my (very round!) penguin bodies started to crack as they dried. Any suggestions?

Anyway, I posted a lot of photos of my penguin cake in my gallery here: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-OneWoman.html

Below is an overall view of the cake but all the detailed shot are in my gallery.

Thanks for looking!

~Kim

2 replies
Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 3

And, what an amazing job you did of the whole "theme"
Just love your layout, and......

Each little penguin is telling a story...........would look stunning as a video clip with all the comments to go with!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 3

What a cute cake, you did a wonderful job. Love the playful atmosphere! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%