Cupcake Stand On The Cheap!

Baking By lhayes1976 Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 2:01pm by lhayes1976

lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 8

I'm hosting a baby shower next weekend and I'm planning on an 8" cake with cupcakes also. I don't really have the funds to make or buy a cupcake stand. I would like to know if anyone has made one with what you have on hand like depression glass plates and platters etc. What did you use as pillars to separate your plates?

7 replies
sweetjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjane Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 8

clear drinking glasses always work well. HTH

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 8

If you are not having tons...you could stack to cake plates together dif sizes will give two tiers two widths...I did this for my sister's shower and it worked well... if we started to run low I just refilled it. I had the glass pillared cake plates so it was a no cost option for me.

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 8

I just did a stand. I used Square cake boards overed in black and then wine glasses from the dollar store. The lady loved it. Here is a picture of it.
LL

cvoges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvoges Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 8

lhayes! Here's another WKU alumni in Louisville! Go Big Red!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 8

flower vases with colored stones, martini or margarita glasses....

For my cousin's beach themed wedding, I helped my aunt make up wide mouthed vases filled with sand and shells.

cvoges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvoges Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 8

or is that alumnus? Anyway, I bought a cake/cupcake stand from Bryant's on Fegenbush. It wasn't too pricey, and it lends itself well to either use.

lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks guys for the speedy quick reponses. I love this place. I can always count on you.
cvoges--Love those Toppers!
I'm not familiar with Bryant's in Louisville. We have so little in cake supplies. Do they a good size inventory?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%