Burned Hand

Lounge By bizatchgirl Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 1:01am by bizatchgirl

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 9

burned the crap out of two fingers cooking. now sitting and typing one handed as I hold fake iced cube in the other. fake cubes don't get too cold like the real ones but they don't stay cold long enough either.

wondering how in thw world I am going to get two cakes decorated today if I can't even tolerate taking my hand off ice for 2 seconds. cut myself earlier today. guess it is just not my day

8 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 9

Wrap up the hand and put a glove on it if you can and just work through the pain. Not easy but depending on how bad you are burned it is doable. Also if you can get ahold of a product called silvadeen (sp?) it is a burn cream and really takes the sting out of it.

They also sell in the drug stores burn patches that help too.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 9

I burned the palm of my hand last summer with two wedding cakes due that weekend - the emergency room bandaged up my hand with LOTS of polysporin to keep the infection from starting, and then I went back home and finished the cake that I had been working on. I did it with Advil, one hand held up in the air, and some help from my husband. By the weekend, I was able to deliver the cakes myself. The pain does go away quite quickly! Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 9

I'm sorry that happened to you. Get some burn gel from the drug store and Advil or Tylenol. The burn gel is wonderful stuff. Silvadene is prescription and is for 2nd or 3rd degree burns.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 9

aww...I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with the order...

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 9

Burns sure do hurt! I hope it feels better soon.

bizatchgirl Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks all! The burn is already much, much better. It was one of those ones that hurt like he!! for about 2 hours, then the pain kind of faded away like it was never there. Now I feel like a big baby because it didn't even leave a mark!

All 3 cakes made it out ok. I never thought of taking Tylenol. Duh! And I have Neosporin but I hate wearing gloves. Next time I'll just have to suck it up and wear them.

Yesterday was just the clumsy day for me. When cleaning the kitchen I cut myself somehow, like a big papercut, and it bled forever! So, yesterday's tally: 3 cuts (all small like papercuts), and 2 burned fingers.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 9

Glad you're hand is better!

bizatchgirl Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:01am
post #9 of 9

Thank you!

Now if I can just get the pink out before my job interview tomorrow icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%