Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe???

Baking By mbt4955 Updated 14 Oct 2013 , 9:32pm by BakersGuy

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 30 May 2013 , 3:25pm
post #61 of 69

@ baking me crazy---sorry it took so long, but I have been busy with my daughter's wedding....yes, you are correct!! It is "Divas Can Cook" Try it, you'll love it!! I use nothing else!!

Baking Me Crazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Me Crazy Posted 30 May 2013 , 4:52pm
post #62 of 69

Thanks Soldiernurse. Im thinking about trying it today..

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:14am
post #63 of 69

AGreat! Hope you like it!:D

Baking Me Crazy Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:48am
post #64 of 69

So its in the oven right now.. I did half the batch to try it out but im not sure if the batter is right. My batter came out pretty thick. Is this normal?

Baking Me Crazy Posted 31 May 2013 , 2:18am
post #65 of 69

ok.. So I tired the cupcake and it was HORRIBLE!!!  Being that there are so many good reviews on it, I automatically knew I had done something wrong... really wrong.. As I said above I did half of the recipe so back tracking my steps as I made the batter I right away found that the Cocoa calls for  2 TABLESPOONS.. so I should've put 1 tbs.. well I mixed it up and put 1 CUP of cocoa.. YIKES! worst cake of the year award goes to me.. I need to redeem myself and serve this recipe justice. Will be remaking it tomorrow.. now ive gotta get that horrible taste out of my mouth asap!

The joys of baking! 

Baking Me Crazy Posted 31 May 2013 , 9:29pm
post #66 of 69

I remade the recipe today.. the right way.. and I must say that it is DELICIOUS! So moist and fluffy.. My hubbie who is not a cake fan loved the recipe. This one is a keeper.

cake topia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake topia Posted 12 Oct 2013 , 2:18pm
post #67 of 69

AThis is the recipe i use. I am open to try others.

Red velvet cake

Cake: 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 2 tablespoons cocoa 4 tablespoons red food coloring 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup buttermilk 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9-inch round pans. Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar until very light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Make a paste of cocoa and red food coloring; add to creamed mixture. Mix salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and buttermilk together. Add the flour to the batter, alternating with the milk mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Mix soda and vinegar and gently fold into cake batter. Don't beat or stir the batter after this point. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool cakes completely on wire rack.

sthorp1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sthorp1 Posted 12 Oct 2013 , 2:34pm
post #68 of 69

AOk, so I want to make red velvet cupcakes. Can I use this same recipe shared? Also which icing recipe would be best to use...crusting or non crusting?

BakersGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakersGuy Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 9:32pm
post #69 of 69

Yes Divas Can Cook...Love, love, love this Red Velvet Cake Recipe!  Will definitely be trying some of the others you all have mentioned as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%