How Do L Make Tulips With Sugarpaste

Decorating By oliversmum172 Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 6:17am by eriberry

oliversmum172 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliversmum172 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:21am
post #1 of 10

lm not sure how to make tulips, l want life like sized ones and l really have no idea where to start? please help...helen

9 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:58am
post #2 of 10

I'm answering just to keep your question on the board..... I hope someone gives instructions, or at least where to find the instructions....

grama_j Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 10

Here are some cutters from Global Sugar Art..... you could check with them and see that instructions are included..... GOOD LUCK !
http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=tulip+cutter&searchimage.x=26&searchimage.y=3

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 10

Do you want the tulips to be open or closed? In my photos there is a square wedding cake with pink/purple tulips, if this is the look you are after I can give instructions. Just let me know!

grama_j Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:22pm
post #5 of 10

Oh, Bunsun...... those are just beautiful ! Could you give me instructions too ? [email protected] or just PM me if you want...... Thanks so much !
Vicki........ grama_j

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:44pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks Vicki icon_smile.gif

May as well post instructions here for all to see!
1. Start by making a ball of sugar paste on a flower wire - about the size of a penny, leave to dry a while.
2. Roll out the sugar paste, thin but not too thin and cut 6 petals (all the same size) with a tulip cutter (I used the simple tulip petal cutter - like the one in the Holland tulip set in the link above).
3. Using a small round tool thin out the edges of the petal and curl inwards slightly.
4. Using sugar glue to stick the petals on, wrap the petals around the ball - do this in 2 layers of 3 petals each. On the first layer the petals will overlap a lot but on the second they will only overlap a little, if at all. Make sure the petals are curling in so you can't see too much of the ball in the centre.
5. I coloured mine after they had dried by painting with a mixture of petal dust and clear alcohol.

Hope this makes sense - they are quite similar to making roses with sugar paste, just a case of getting the number of petals and configuration correct.

grama_j Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 10

Oh, WOW ! thanks..... that doesn't sound to hard..... now I have to try it ! icon_lol.gif

oliversmum172 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliversmum172 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:04am
post #8 of 10

thank you every one, and wow Bunsen, yours looks fabulous, hope mine turn out like yours....

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:05am
post #9 of 10

I have a tutorial if you guys want you can send me you e-mail and I will send them to you, the totorial it is step by step, and it is really easy to make. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

[email protected]

eriberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriberry Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 6:17am
post #10 of 10

if anyone has a tutorial still or anything else that would help can you please let me know? icon_biggrin.gif thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%