Differences Between Gum Pastes And Gum Tex

Decorating By Doddy Updated 8 May 2011 , 9:01pm by daj85202

Doddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doddy Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 10:18am
post #1 of 5

hello
I'm Italian girl and is before the time that I write on this forum
in Italy there ins't is a great interest towards the decoration of cakes. the persons whom they make of the beautiful things are only the chef .....
we poor apprentices .....
are all selfs-taught and have learned to make this that we make stealing in turn information.above all from you ..... that you are best.
I would want to make a question you.perhaps banal for you but in which I do not succeed to find answer.
what is difference between gum Tex and gum pastes?
excused my English .....I hope to better learn also this with your aid thanks to you!

4 replies
PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 10:34am
post #2 of 5

Gum tex is a powder that you can add to ready made fondant to make gumpaste. Gumpaste is the final product of paste that you can use to model flowers, figures, bows etc.

I hope this helps.

vickistark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickistark Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 6:45am
post #3 of 5

so, gum tex you add to ready made fondant to make gumpaste! But if I were making gumpaste from scratch at home do I start by making mmf and add gum tex or tylose to the recipe and end up with gumpaste or is that a different recipe all together? For some reason this confuses me. I think it is because I know nothing about any of these ingredients, recipes, or terms. To get this straight in my simple head (LOL) basically gumpaste is merely fondant with a hardening agent added to it such as gum tex or tylose?

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 7:43am
post #4 of 5

Ecco una ricetta di pasta di gomma da utilizzare .... molto facile da fare
Albumi Large - 4
1-2 lb. 10x sacchetto di zucchero a velo
12 - cucchiaini di livello Tylose (Disponibile nel nostro store online)
4 - cucchiaini accorciamento (Crisco)
1. Posizionare gli albumi in un mixer Kitchen Aid contenitore provvisto di pala piatta.
2. Accendete il mixer ad alta velocità per 10 secondi per rompere gli albumi.
3. Riserva 1 tazza di zucchero a velo e mettere da parte.
4. Accendete il mixer alla velocità più bassa e lentamente aggiungere lo zucchero rimanente. Questo farà una soffice glassa reale consistenza.
5. Alzare la velocità alla posizione 3 o 4 per circa 2 minuti. Durante questa misura volta al largo della Tylose in un piccolo contenitore.
6. Assicurarsi che la miscela è in fase di punta morbida. Dovrebbe apparire lucido, come la meringa e le cime cadere. (Se colorazione tutta la partita, aggiungere la pasta di colore in questa fase, rendendola una tonalità più scura rispetto al colore desiderato.)
7. Accendete il mixer per la regolazione lenta e cospargete la Tylose in un periodo di cinque seconda volta. Poi, girare la velocità sino al valore alto per alcuni secondi. (Questo addensare il composto.
8. Raschiare la miscela fuori della ciotola su una superficie di lavoro che è stato cosparso di alcune delle riservato 1 tazza di
zucchero a velo. Collocare l'accorciamento sulle mani e impastare la pasta, aggiungendo abbastanza di zucchero a velo riservato a formare un impasto morbido ma non appiccicoso. È possibile controllare da pizzicare con le dita e dovrebbero venire fuori pulito. Posizionare la pasta finito in un sacchetto di zip-top, quindi posizionare la pasta insaccato in un sacchetto di seconda e sigillare bene.

Se volete potete anche usare Tylose in fondente, ma non funziona altrettanto bene per fare i fiori.

daj85202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daj85202 Posted 8 May 2011 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 5

You are so kewl to print that in Italian for her. I have searched Italian websites, due to my respect for their history of art and inventions, knowing that they would have the best recipes for gumpaste. I was wrong! So I understand this person's challenge to find what works. Thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%