Cake Decorating Suppliers On Long Island?

Business By cuteums Updated 15 Oct 2013 , 7:32pm by JackiSto

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 25

Okay don't know if this is the right area for this but I am hoping someone from my area sees this. I am looking for a cake decorating supply shop on Long Island. I live in suffolk but I'll go to Nassau. I would love to be able to go buy satin ice or other fondant in a store. I know there is a supply shop in queens but it is really far and they don't have the best hours. Thanks for your help.

24 replies
JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 25

Hi Cute,

what town are you in?

I'll help you if I can.

Jess icon_razz.gif

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 25

oh, Hi I am so happy finally find some one from long island, I live in Nassau. I am new to cake decorating and I buy most of my cake supply at ac moore, and sur la table and internet . sorry not much help, I am lookig for cake decorating supply shop too but no luck yet.
Farnaz

JessDesserts Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 25

Farnazmom,

Hi! I used to live in Nassau, in the 5 towns. Its nice to meet a LI'er too!

I actually dont know of any places in Nassau. Besides Michaels and speciality mom & pop tiny stores with VERY limited products, thats it. Im not sure where you are, but they're mostly also located waaaaay East.

Jess

mykidsarekillingme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mykidsarekillingme Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 25

Hi! So nice to meet other decorators from the Island. I buy most of my supplies from The Chocolate Duck 318 Main Street in Farmingdale. Phone # is 516-249-0887. They have everything!!!! Ask for Harry, he's a sweetie! His daughter Christine is their cake decorator and was recently Jay from Cakes by Jays assistant for an upcoming Food Challenge.

cuteums Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:02am
post #6 of 25

Thanks for the info. It's nice to find some locals on here! Does the Chocolate Duck sell fondant? I love looking for the extra goodies instead of buying those online top, but that is the big thing I am trying to find a store for. I'll have to call them tomorrow. Hopefully they are open on the weekend. icon_smile.gif

cuteums Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:04am
post #7 of 25

jess - I'd much rather drive east than west being that I live in Suffolk so any of those may be helpful.

cuteums Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:05am
post #8 of 25

OOh I just went to the Chocolate duck website and they do have fondant. I will definitely go there. Thanks for the info.

TSG177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSG177 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:07am
post #9 of 25

Hi! I am also from Nassau County and I go to the Chocolate Duck all the time. They have everything and they are very helpful. If you have a question about doing something you can ask them. They also have a very large selection of chocolate molds. I love going there. thumbs_up.gif

JessDesserts Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:10am
post #10 of 25

Cute,
You can try Sprinkles in Speonk. The address is :
230 Montauk Highway
Speonk NY 11972
( in case you wanna mapquest it), but as you see it is on Main Street.

The phone # 631-801-2606.

They also offer classes sometimes, you have to inquire periodically about that.

www.sweetartsupplies.com might have a list of their classes.

Im thikng about taking the one about chocolate transfers.

HTH

Jess

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:11am
post #11 of 25

I live in suffolk county too. I've been trying to find somebody from long islan for a while!!! lol I've never heard of the chocolate duck. i may have to check them out. I'm sorry to change the subject but since you all are from long island, does anyone know what the laws are for opening a home based business? I've been trying to find out for a long time, I should call but haven't. so if anyone has any info, i would reallllly appreciate it!!! icon_smile.gif

JessDesserts Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:16am
post #12 of 25

Sugar!! ( if you used to be LilMissCupcake) then im thinking about the same person.

IDK you were on LI. Well hello there!

I havent gotten as far as to even inquire about a home-based business, but I guess it wouldnt hurt to know the details. (im still learning)

icon_razz.gif

JessDesserts Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #13 of 25

Since I dont know how to edit my own post, I had to make a new one icon_redface.gif

Sprinkles also has Satin Ice fondant and Sweetex high-ratio shortening which I had a very difficult time locating.

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:30am
post #14 of 25

Alright kids, I live in Long Beach and I have better luck
with Global Sugar or Pfeil and Hoiling in Queens.
I loved Chocolate duck until they jacked the prices.
$20 for a 2 lb tub of Satin ice when you can get it for 8 at global or
Pfeil. If you're in a pinch, you would go to the choc duck, otherwise
use the internet. Ny cake in the city is cheeper then choc duck,
so if I happen to go, I pick up. GLOBAL IS THE WAY TO GO,

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:37am
post #15 of 25

I live in Queens and never knew there was a Pfeil and Holing in Queens. Thanks for the info.

sugarwishes Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:38am
post #16 of 25

JessDesserts, Yes I used to be lilmisscupcake. I live in Centereach. Hopefully I will soon find out what the laws are.

Vixterfsu, I used to live right in long beach, my sister still lives there. I love it there, the beach is great! Global Sugar Art is where I buy everything I need. They have really low prices especially on satin ice, and every time I order, I receive everything within a couple days, they're so quick!!!

JessDesserts Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #17 of 25

I would have to agree with Sugar, I have Sprinkes in Speonk here which is very close to me and easy enough, but, Global Sugar Arts' prices are much better and they do ship super-quick!

( Sugar, im in Center Moriches, if you find out anything about home-based baking, let me know. Who do you have to contact? I have a few free afternoons at work coming up, making calls would certainly ease the pain of hearing the clock ticking. IF you point me in the right direction, i'll happily pitch in!)

icon_razz.gif

sugarwishes Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:04am
post #18 of 25

this was the post i did a while back trying to find out info:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-609677.html

farmom3 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:36pm
post #19 of 25

OMG hi , I didn't know lot's of pepole here lives in LOng island I live in glen cove ,nice to meet you all icon_biggrin.gif and thanks for the info
have great day
farnaz

farmom3 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:50pm
post #20 of 25

oh I forgut to aks, please if you knew about the home-based business,let me know too
thanks

PaulaSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaSweets Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:16pm
post #21 of 25

I'm so happy to see so many people from Long Island. I was just about to go to the chocolate duck which unfortunately for me it's the only shop I know of that sells some cake decoarting stuff but it's quite far. I do go to AC moore and Michaels but they really dont have the cutters and such that I'm looking for. I just logged on to see if there are now any new cake decorating shops on LI when I found all of you and I was thrilled!!! I looked for places i could buy cake decorating supplies from on the internet but I couldnt belive how much I would have to pay for P&H. I'm looking for a daisy plunger and I found one for $8.99 but with P&H it would have cost me $24. Maybe it's just me but I thought that was crazy. I guess when you are buying lots of stuff in one go, it's not so bad, but when it's just one item, it's a little too much for P&H.

carlisgrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlisgrandma Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 5:35pm
post #22 of 25

Hi, There is also a place called Grandma's Kitchen on Wantagh Ave. South of Sunrise Highway in Wantagh. It is a little smaller than the Chocolate Duck but there prices are better.

Have fun baking!

Carli's Grandma

JackiSto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackiSto Posted 30 May 2013 , 11:56am
post #23 of 25

I realize this is an old thread, but if you are willing to buy in bulk, Intercounty Baking Supplies at 1110 route 109 in Lindenhurst is great! If you can't afford to go the bulk route, the chocolate Duck on main st in Farmingdale is always a safe bet... their prices are astronomical, but they carry pretty much anything you could need.

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 7:05pm
post #24 of 25

Hi.  Does Intercounty Bakers sell to individuals or just businesses?  Thanks.

JackiSto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackiSto Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 7:32pm
post #25 of 25

I can't believe I didn't notice the question at the bottom of this thread! I am so sorry! They do sell to individuals, but it is FOR REAL LIKE SERIOUSLY bulk, lol... I bought a 50lb brick of sweetex from them lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%