San Antonio Anyone?

Lounge By fidos_mom Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm by Amia

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 6:30am
post #1 of 6

I am going to be in San Antonio for my birthday at the end of the month. YAY! And I would love to visit a good cake supply shop or some such. Anywhere I can pick up some another something!!

Anyone know of such a place? Or anything cake related that might be interesting?? icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance! icon_lol.gif

5 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #2 of 6

Alamosweets told of a new cake store here, I just can't remember the name...try doing a search on her posts I think she told us about it maybe a week or 2 ago.

fidos_mom Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 8:30am
post #3 of 6

Happy Happy Day!! A place to see in Alamo Town!!!

Thank you!!!! And I will be there on Jan. 30 or 31. Just try to let my hubby stop me!

Here is a link to that thread.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6200803-.html#6200803

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 6

That's not a new store. They just have a new location. Before, they were located in the ghetto. It's very small, but they have a lot more than Michael's or HL, that's for sure. The owner is really nice too.

fidos_mom Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 6

Amia,

Thanks for confirming this. Do you happen to know of any others? We have HL and Michaels in this town and I can use them for little things but I would love to see something different.

My birthday is looking better and better. thumbs_up.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 6

There is a bakery in town, Emma's Bakery I believe, that sells some stuff. There is also Terry's House of Cake Decorating, but I wouldn't waste my time. All you'll find there are Wilton products. I usually find everything I need at AGS. They have Satin Ice, high ratio shortening, luster dusts, Americolor, Magic Line pans etc.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%