Stamping Fondant

Decorating By MJ2008 Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 2:24pm by sparklepopz

MJ2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJ2008 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 4:59am
post #1 of 9

I was watching a show about cakes on the style network and there was a decorator using stamps to put an imprint into her fondant and then she cut it out and used it as a decoration on her cakes. It made some really pretty designs. Has anyone ever tried this? Could I just use any rubber stamp from a craft store or would I need to find food safe products? Thanks.

8 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:50am
post #2 of 9

My neighbour and I just started playing with stamping. So far everything we've tried works great! She even tried using edible markers and coloured the stamp before imprinting it ... wow! Have fun experimenting!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:58am
post #3 of 9

We've read on here that something in the rubber can be harmful. The cake decorating stores and suppliers have stamps that are clear and made of acrylic or some other clear material that is food safe.

Paul & Peter

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 9

Check out Rebecca Sutterby's segment on using stamps. She's a member here and shares her wonderful monthly TV segments

http://www.ktka.com/videos/2008/jun/10/20176/

She's a fabulous and fun teacher, too - definitely hustle to get into a class with her if you ever have the opportunity thumbs_up.gif

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

Check out Rebecca Sutterby's segment on using stamps. She's a member here and shares her wonderful monthly TV segments

thumbs_up.gif

Just watched the video - those were exactly what we were using! (whew)

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the post...can't wait to try this idea out!

isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 9

I think the site is;

www.franticstamper.com

happy caking,

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by isista

I think the site is;

www.franticstamper.com

happy caking,

Thanks for the info!!!

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

She's a fabulous and fun teacher, too - definitely hustle to get into a class with her if you ever have the opportunity thumbs_up.gif

If I recall correctly, the FDA or some other governmental agency contacted her about using items not for use with food on cakes. Seems I read about that over on the Baker's Bar, where she is a member.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%