Remember Me? (Greencargirl)

Decorating By budas Updated 17 Aug 2005 , 9:38pm by abbey

budas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
budas Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone... it's been awhile since I've been on this forum. I've had troubles logging in, it wouldn't let me for the past couple MONTHS! I thought cakecentral banned me or something!!! Anyways, I re-registered under another name so I can finally get in here again! If you don't remember me, I was going to make my own wedding cake (I had done a practice cake and so on)... well, of course, it didn't work out. 2 days before my wedding I ended up finding a lady that could make a cake for me. I had all of my cakes out of the freezer (all baked already) and they were on my kitchen table wrapped up while I was at work. Well, our central air went out and when I got home and unwrapped the cakes, they were FALLING apart from the terrible humidity (this was near the end of July). We tried to BC a few (I made over 15 lbs. of BC for this) and it wouldn't work. It didn't really matter at that point because the MMF wasn't turning out either... I had made over 10 test batches of the stuff back in April and it worked great but since the humidity was so terrible, I just couldn't get it to turn out right. This was a bride's worst nightmare but thankfully I found one awesome lady who could save the day. I ended up bringing cakes to work the next day and everyone thought my story was hilarious (but sad too). At first I was pretty mad about it (just ask my husband and mom) but I got over it and it ended up being quite funny at the wedding. If you want to see my practice cake, it's in the gallery and so is the one I did for my shower (under greencargirl). Here's a pic of my wedding cake:
LL

11 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 12

Glad to see you again... but I miss the little green car. Sorry you 're cake didn't work out, ut I'm glad that someone was able to save the day. I wouldn't have tried to make my own cake for anything! Congrats on the wedding!

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 12

YOUR WEDDING CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL. I AM SORRY THAT YOU HAD ALL THAT TROUBLE. THAT WAS GREAT THAT YOU FOUND A LADY TO MAKE THIS FOR YOU ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE. YOU WERE VERY LUCKY! THANK GOODNESS IT ALL WORKED OUT IN THE END. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 12:08am
post #4 of 12

Hi,

Of course I remember you! You had a really cool green car avatar! Anyway, glad to see you again, and congratuations on your wedding, and laughing at your cake disasters icon_smile.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 12:13am
post #5 of 12

Hey budas, welcome back! Congratulations on your wedding!! The cake is beautiful, I'm sure yours would have been just as beautiful!

.....miss the little green car avatar too!!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 12:31am
post #6 of 12

Welcome back, I miss the little green car too....couldn't you still use it??? icon_lol.gif The cake looks lovely, and I'm sure yours would have as well, but how wonderful that you were able to find someone with only two days notice. Glad to have you back!!!b

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 1:04am
post #7 of 12

I'm sorry. How stressful that must have been for you two days before your wedding! The cake looks beautiful, though!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 4:16am
post #8 of 12

Hey Greencargirl!! I have missed you & have wondered where you had gone! Glad your back!! I'm sooo sorry that happened to you!! I remember you telling me that your Mom thought you were crazy for wanting to do your own wedding cake. I remember the shower cake & it was very pretty! Happy to see it didn't ruin the wedding!! Sorry the A/C had to mess up on you. icon_sad.gif Congrads on your wedding!!! Glad to have you back! Looking forward to you doing cakes for others... are you wanting to do that? Good Luck!!

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 1:36pm
post #9 of 12

I'm glad everything turned out alright for your weddig...Your cake is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Congratulations on your getting married...
cakegal

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 12

Welcome back and congratulations on your wedding day. Your wedding cake is beautiful inspite of the troubles you had to go through with your cakes prior to the wedding day. God just made another way for you by sending someone to make the cake for you. It is always nice to know someone that can do a nice job with cakes, we just never know when we might be faced with a problem. In fact, I have a lady in mind for myself for the just in case of any major problems. It is always good to have a back-up system. Happy to see you back. icon_smile.gif

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 3:38pm
post #11 of 12

your cake is beautiful! She did an excellent job! I would be seriously nerve-wracked if I knew I was decorating a cake decorators wedding cake!

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 9:38pm
post #12 of 12

Congratulations on your wedding. Just think now you have a great story to tell about your wedding cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%