Anyone Going To Mike's Class In Houston?

Decorating By Launa Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm by Launa

YALANTZI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YALANTZI Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:06am
post #31 of 35

How cool!!! I am so excited to get to meet you and put a face to the name icon_smile.gif

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:12am
post #32 of 35

Sisspence - Which class are you going to?

Yalantzi - What is your first name so I'll recognize you?

Launa

Launa Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:35am
post #33 of 35

UPDATE -

Oh man.....what an INCREDIBLE 2 days that class was!!! All I can say is.....WOW!!!!!

First off, I found out that Mike had seen this forum post here on CC and so he met me saying, "Oh, you're that lady on Cake Central....I know about you!" So, yes, the big boys are watching us on here!!!

I can't say enough about how wonderful Mike is and how personable and funny he is! I left feeling like I had made a new friend. We learned so much about modeling chocolate...what it will do and what it won't do. I can't wait to start using it...I know it will take my cakes to a new dimension.

So here's a picture of me and Mike and the link to the dummy cake that we decorated with chocolate.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement with ya'll!!!

Launa

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1334425
LL

YALANTZI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YALANTZI Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:07pm
post #34 of 35

Update-

Mike's class was great, he is so organized and clean , and we did not have wasted time in class. He shared alot of information. and his assistant was so funny.

Luana- it was nice meeting you, I wish we could of sat together to talk more.

Rocio

Launa Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #35 of 35

It was great to meet you, too! I have a thing about sitting up front so I can see since I'm so short....usually I get someone tall in front of me and then I'm stuck!

Yes, I loved how organized he was. You would have never known that this was only his second set of classes that he has taught. Everything was so well thought out ahead of time and our class went so smoothly. His assistant (Cabana Boy, Michael!) did a great job, too keeping things flowing.

He didn't say if he was going to teach any more classes, but if he does, it is WELL worth the cost. I learned so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%