How Far In Advance?

Baking By Twopeasinapod Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 3:44pm by shiney

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 2

I have lots of orders for Valentine's Day cookie bouquets and was wondering how far in advance I can safely bake, decorate, and freeze the cookies. I use the NFSC and Antonia RI on the cookies. I do not want to go to all the work and not be able to use them later or them taste bad and nobody order any more. Also, would it be better to bake and freeze just the cookie with no icing and then decorate closer to Valentine's Day? I am including a link to one of my sample bouquets so you will know exactly what I am talking about. Help, please!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1301171.html

1 reply
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 2

Love your cookies, by the way (especailly the zebraicon_wink.gif I would go ahead and start baking, you can freeze safely that long, and they will be fresh and yummy! I'd freeze naked cookies, and decorate and refreeze as you have time between now and then. I like my cookies baked (or thawed) and served within two to three days.
I happen to use those rubbermaid airtight containers you can get at walmart, and they stack. They have the deep ones and not-so-deep ones (Such technical terms). I know a lot of people use ziplock bags, but I tend to get breakage with those.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%