I Just Have To Share This...

Decorating By ski Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 10:38pm by Wing-Ding

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 7

Knowing how tired I get of regular cakes, my dear friend Sharon made me this fabulous eclair cake for my B-day. Oh my gosh it is to die for , like eating an eclair for 20! Not overkill sweet... just right! I hope you all will try it out, it is so refreshing after Caaaaaaaaaaaaaake hehe thumbs_up.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_rate-7359-5.html

6 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 7

That does look yummy! When you spread the flour mixture on the cookie sheet, about how big do you make it? I mean, approximately equal to what size pan for us visual people? icon_wink.gif Thank you for sharing this, I have a pot luck next weekend and I really don't feel like bringing cake for a change.

ski Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 7

You can just spread it on a regular cookie sheet or a 13X9 pan On the cookie sheet you end up with a slightly larger eclair about 11X14. I'm making one tonight I will take a pic of it and post on this forum

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks! For some reason I'm just not visualizing this correctly. The pic will be just what I need! icon_smile.gif

Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:51am
post #5 of 7

this sounds to die for! Thanks for posting the recipe, i cant wait to see the pic! icon_smile.gif

ski Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 7

Ok so I didn't get a pic-ran out of time today, however diffinitely use a standard cookie sheet it will get you more "cake" and not be as doughy as a 13X9 pan. I left mine in for around 35 minutes. Basically you want the dough to have a nice lightly golden top...just like an eclair or cream puff would. As for the chocolate part it was hard to spread, but I had some ganache so I just heated it slighty(to slighty runny) then it spread just great!

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 7

I think I'm going to make it this weekend. Sounds delish!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%