Printing Directly On Cakes

Decorating By dougherty2 Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 5:51pm by Galler

dougherty2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dougherty2 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 6

Several years ago a friend saw a program where they used a HP printer and printed directly on the cake. I saw a program last Sun where they printed on a cup of cappaccino.

Has anyone done this? On cakes I mean.

Trish

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #2 of 6

Do you have like $160,000 bucks laying around to buy one??????

dougherty2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dougherty2 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 6

I always wonder why people reply when they have no value to contribute to the conversation? I asked if anyone had done this particular cake printing. Obviously the answer so far is no.

In fact the printers are no more expensive than you want to spend. You can even get one free off of Freecycle.

It's nothing more than an ink jet color printer that has individual color cartridges.

Of course you don't use ink cartridges, not even old ones! There are cartridges on the market for this purpose. (The ones I've seen recently work on a variety of Cannon printers) It's pretty much the same idea as using those printing sheets that you put a picture on then put it on the cake. But you print directly on the cake. (Or as we saw last week on TV, the guy printed carmel color right on the top of a cup of capaccino)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 6

I'm sorry you were irked by my reply. It seems you were talking about something totally different than what I know of!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 6

Are you talking about edible images? If so you print on frosting sheets at are applied to the cake, not directly on the cake. If that's not it I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe instead of having an attitude you could provide us with a photo or link of what you are talking about.

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 6

here is a website I found that sells them...I have never used it though

http://www.sweetart.com/jetprod.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%