This Is Kinda Cool...!

Decorating By whisperingmadcow Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 11:37pm by CakeswLove

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 7

Hey ya'll!

So I was looking through my new copy of Cooks Illustrated and in the equipment corner section they have this thing called the spatula mixer blade. Its basicly a paddle attachment for a kitchenaid that has little spatulas on attached to it.

www.sideswipeblade.com

I have never seen anything like it, but I am totally in love with the basic idea of it! Has anyone used this before? Its $25 for the attachment and I really don't want to spend that kind of money unless I knew A) it is gonna work and b) its gonna last. Anyone have any ideas...?

6 replies
yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 7

wow, did you click on the link to see it in action? Looks awesome!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 7

I have this one... http://www.beaterblade.com/categories/home/welcome.htm .. and I love it. I actually have 2.. one for each of my KA's. They work awesome and are well worth the $$.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 7

i've been meaning ot buy the beaterblade, but once i saw their review in my issue, i've decided to get the swipe one.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 7

I got one for Christmas. I love it. I've only used it a few times but it works just like they say it will. I don't know about lasting but it appears to be made well.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

I have this one... http://www.beaterblade.com/categories/home/welcome.htm .. and I love it. I actually have 2.. one for each of my KA's. They work awesome and are well worth the $$.

DH got me these for Christmas! I've only used them on cake batter so far, and was so happy! How well do they work with SMBC?

CakeswLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeswLove Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 7

OMG I soooooo WANT ONE icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif where was this link back in Christmas, maybe DH can get it for my B-day next month icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif Thanks for the info you guys are A W E S O M E thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%