Homebakers In Virginia (Around Chesapeake Area)

Business By navywifetrat Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm by sweetsbycheryl

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 3

I am thinking about starting doing cakes out of my house. Are any of you from the Chesapeake area that I could pick your brain about the process? Right now, I just make cakes for my family and if a friend asks I make one but don't charge. So I guess you would just say I am a hobby baker but have often wondered whether it would pay off to do more. I ordered the paperwork from the state but trying to read it I think I should have a law degree and isn't really specific on certain issues.

My husband is in the military and I know we will be here for another 2 years but not sure if it is worth it for that amount of time.

If anyone is willing to share what they had to do I would greatly appreciate it.

2 replies
sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 3

I believe you need to call the VA Dept. of Agriculture in Richmond- sorry I don't have the number for you. They can send you an information packet as to what you need to do. As a former military wife myself, are you living on base? If so, check with the Base Housing Authority as well- most of them will not allow food based services out of military homes (from personal experience)- just a thought!! Good Luck in your endeavors!! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 3

Sorry, I just re-read your post and saw that you did order the packet. My brain is not on function today!! But do check with Base housing if you do live on base. I don't live in your area, so I really can't be of much help other than that. Again, Good Luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%