Beachy In The Morning?

Decorating By IcedTea4Me2 Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 1:15am by IcedTea4Me2

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 7

I have a cake request coming up that needs a beach theme. It can either be a beach-theme cake or cupcakes. I do not want to use the umbrellas because they are going to be used in something else. I was thinking about a sandcastle cake. I haven't made any decisions yet. My question is this. This is for a meeting that will have snacks from 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. I personally eat cake and drink coffee that early and don't think it would matter to me what flavor, but it may to some. Maybe it shouldn't be the typical WASC and buttercream that early. Yet, I will need the frosting to be something I can work with to create the look. What would you suggest for an early-morning cake? I even thought about doing something like banana nut or something along those lines, but, again, keep in mind I'm not super-experienced at all of this and I need to be able to work with it to achieve the look of a sandcastle. Any ideas? (Or am I just overthinking this?) I need cake and icing ideas. Also, if anyone out there has any help on the sandcastle idea (construction), that's appreciated, too.

Lisa

6 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 7

you could do a cinnamon cake or spice cake with cream cheese icing, you can still decorate with it. I like the idea of a banana cake how about adding chocolate to it like marbled or chocolate chips and again a cream cheese frosting.

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 7

I love the flip flop cake for the beach theme with the white chocolate sea shells! Very fun and beachy! You could do a strawberry flavor or something fruity for a morning cake! Good luck!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=490563

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 7

Oooooh... maybe a maple cake/frosting with brown sugar sprinkled on to look like sand. Yum!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 7

tequila sunrise! --- so that would be a orange infused cake.

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 7

butter pecan cake with a maple icing... very "pancakey". (pancakish? pancakie? ?)

A sandcastle with some brown sugar mixed with vanillla wafers makes a nice sand and would go well with the aforementioned flavors...

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:15am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the great ideas!

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%