Chocolate Molds For Monolopy Game Pieces

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 10:05pm by cupcakemkr

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 4

I know you can get chess molds and checkers molds, but has anyone seen monopoly molds (you know, the little dog, the iron, etc) If not, does anyone know where you can get them made?

Thanks!

3 replies
282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 4

I know that you can buy food safe silicone and put anything in it to mold. Then just pour the chocolate in the mold. Or you can make them out of fondant/gumpaste. Just make a thick circle and place your item in it. Remove the item and let the fondant dry out. Then spray/dust with cornstarch and put in your soft fondant to mold and pop it out. I don't know how they hold up if you pour hot chocolate in them but if you molded fondant/gumpaste it should be fine. I can't remember on here who does this. It may be Aine? Don't quote me but I thought I read a post where she said she does the fondant molds. HTH

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 4

That is interesting, never thought of making molds out of fondant. Although these pieces are really small...but I may try it for something else!

Thanks

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 4

I think the molds were made of gumpaste not fondant. the how to make a fairy tutorial on the front page sows how to make a mold for the face. impringint a dolls face in gumpaste then letting it dry and using it to mold fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%