American Idol '09 Thread

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm by cakemomof3

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:33pm
post #151 of 449

I thought Allison was the best girl...I like Adam..I think he has a great voice and reminds me of David cooke from last year..in an INXS kinda way..I think that girl named courtney may have a chance since she kinda looks like a flower child and sings like Nelly Furtado.The judges liked her!I guess we'll see tonight!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 8:24pm
post #152 of 449

Surely Nick/Norman Gentle won't make the cut tonight.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #153 of 449

Hey Kiddicakes, my husband arrived in Calgary on Tuesday night, only to wake up to oh great more snow!! But he couldn't find American Idol last night, on the hotels tv. So I just gave him the run down. He can't watch tonight, because he has a business meeting, oh well!!
Anyway, here are my thoughts, I actually thought it got off to a bad start, which was too bad, but it did get better. Yes the song choice, is everything!!
Don't you all think that it has been on for so long now, and all the judges talk about is song choice, that if you were going to try out, wouldn't you have picked about 20 - 30 songs, and spoke to some type of professional to guide you?? especially if you had a chance of making the cut!!
OK, here are my thoughts, my favorites were, Allison, Megan Corkrey, Misharonna, and Adam...I really liked Kai, but don't think he will make it, and I loved Jasmine but her performance was weak.
Anyway, I will be watching it soon!!
Yeh....
Lorene

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:55pm
post #154 of 449

So what did you all think?

No surprise Allison made it. Big surprise Kris Allen did (I can't even remember seeing him before Wednesday's show), and although I'm not an Adam fan, I could understand why he was voted in.

Norman/Nick is history!! YEAH!! He took it well, I must say. I have a feeling he'll be back, NOT for the wildcard show, but for the finale later this season. I don't think they're done with him yet.

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:08pm
post #155 of 449

I'm bummed that Kai didn't make it. After watching the recap, I really liked Megan too. Maybe one of them (or both) will have a shot at the wild card.

It wasn't a surprise that Allison made it. I kinda like her, but she wasn't my favorite of the group.

I'm glad Norman is out!! His act is too much of a joke!

I'm looking forward to next week. I can't remember names, but I really like the young mom and the blind guy! I hope they do well and pick the right songs!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:11pm
post #156 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon100

I'm glad Norman is out!! His act is too much of a joke!

Simon is not impressed with people who don't take this serious. I'm glad the voting public isn't impressed either! Glad to see this clown gone.

FlourPots Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:38pm
post #157 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon100

I'm looking forward to next week. I can't remember names, but I really like the young mom and the blind guy! I hope they do well and pick the right songs!!

Me too! I also like the young mom, Lil Round(s?)...and the other really young one, I can't recall her name, but she sings at nursing homes or retirement homes, or something?? and I can't wait to hear Jorge, the curly-haired guy from Puerto Rico.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:28pm
post #158 of 449

I have to say when it came down to Adam and Norman in the final round, me and my girls were all freaking out. Glad the cute one made it through, or else there would have been much screaming in my house. lol
I was surprised Kris made it... I remembered that I liked his performance after he did it again, but it didn't make a big impression on me otherwise. I'd like to see Megan make it in the wildcard though, I really liked her performance.

michellenj Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:18pm
post #159 of 449

I totally forgot about Lil Rounds (tornado victim), the blind guy, and Jorge (pronounced You're gay). Next week should be outstanding. They have really fiven the 3 of them the winner's edit so far.

kettlevalleygirl Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:26pm
post #160 of 449

I am looking forward to the next group also, but question here, how many are there going to be 12 or 10. And how do they do the wild card, is it out of each group or the whole?

FlourPots Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm
post #161 of 449

It's 12 contestants for this last show.

I think the wildcards who are chosen by the judges, are 3 rejects from each show to make up another batch of 12, then 3 will be chosen by viewer votes.
I could be totally wrong though, they haven't been specific about the process. Maybe they don't feel like 12 deserve a second chance, who knows??

They do ultimately have to end up with 6 boys and 6 girls, right?

FlourPots Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:31am
post #162 of 449

FOUR rejects from each show, LOL , Not 3...I just caught that icon_redface.gif !

KellBell22 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #163 of 449

Well crap, why do I have a horrible feeling that Norman Gentle isn't really gone then?

kettlevalleygirl Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #164 of 449

I will be @@*&%* if Norman Gentle comes back, there have been so many people that could have been in the top 12, this time.
I feel that he has taken the place of somebody, that could use a second chance.
Anyway.....

KellBell22 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:00pm
post #165 of 449

Well in the drama factor of the show I believe that the judges are going to bring back him and Tatiana. But the bright side is that it comes down to us voting for them. So I'm getting my dialing finger all stretched out so I can vote for anyone but them that actually is talented!!

michellenj Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:21pm
post #166 of 449

I wonder who "Vote for the worrst" and Howard Stern are pushing this season. Anyone know?

FlourPots Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #167 of 449

I thought Lil and Jorge were the best last night and I couldn't be happier, they're two of my favorites.

I hate Kara.

What did you all think?

michellenj Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:39pm
post #168 of 449

I think that Jorge and Lil were awesome. The blind guy was good, too.

What was up with them bringing back that girl with the black hair? Was there a scandal that I missed somehow when my computer was broken? I don't remember anyone leaving.

FlourPots Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:46pm
post #169 of 449

There was another contestant, Joanna Pacitti, who made it into the top 36, but before the first 12 performed 3 weeks ago, they issued a press release stating that she had been disqualified, and wouldn't be on anymore.

Supposedly she had close ties to 2 people who worked at 19...the company that produces Idol...I think one was even her manager or something, for a time.

I think she would've sailed through to the top 12, she had a great voice.

kettlevalleygirl Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:32pm
post #170 of 449

Boy there were a lot of good performers last night. My favorites wre Felicia, Scott, Jorge, and Lil.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #171 of 449

Those were mine too kettlevalleygirl.

What is the kid's name that went manic on stage? Wow. LOL I liked him in Hollywood too but I don't know what got in him last night. That was bordering on downright scary.

I did not like how they were getting on Jorge about his accent - why did you pick him then? Why go to Puerto Rico? He is a good singer and just adorable.

FlourPots Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #172 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

What is the kid's name that went manic on stage? Wow. LOL I liked him in Hollywood too but I don't know what got in him last night. That was bordering on downright scary.

Do you mean the nerdy guy who growled and knocked over the microphone stand?...that would be Alex icon_lol.gif .

kettlevalleygirl Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm
post #173 of 449

I thought Jorge was great, didn't know they wanted to get rid of his accent, but there you go....I felt that both Jorge and Scott, really sang well and really connected with the audience. I agreed with the judges that they sang with their hearts.

KellBell22 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #174 of 449

I LOVED it when Scott had Ryan give him the high five at the end. I really liked him before, but that was great. I also really like lilrounds, and Jorge. Hopefully that's the three that will make it tonight.

FlourPots Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:41pm
post #175 of 449

It wasn't so much that they told Jorge to get rid of his accent, I think they made a comment about how he pronounced some words in a song during Hollywood week, and he should be careful of that. Well, he seemed to have worked on it, right? His accent was almost undetectable, and now Simon thinks he shouldn't have to do that...go figure.

michellenj Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:45pm
post #176 of 449

What was Nate (?) thinking when he picked that Meatloaf song? He is a good singer, and that song did not do his voice justice.

The guy who went first was good (Von or Van?) and that Ju'Not guy was good, too.

I had totally forgotten about the girl who was DQ'd. The one who replaced her already looks like a star!

This season has some outstanding singers. I can't wait to see the upcoming weeks.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
post #177 of 449

I loved last night. I loved lil rounds, Ja'noh (think I spelled it wrong) I didnt not expect him to sing that song but he did great. The country girl with the blond hair I loved the girl that they brought back was good. I cant wait until tonight.

Karema

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #178 of 449

That Lil Rounds is a powerhouse. I LOVE her! I pick her and Danny Gokey for the top two.

I like the song Ju'Not picked out in general, but I think he would sound awesome singing an R&B song. There are so many good R&B songs to choose from...maybe he'll get another chance.

My picks from last night are Lil, the girl that got called back (sorry I'm bad w/ names), and Jorge.

I want to like the blind guy...I really do WANT to. There are better singers, but he tugs on my heart strings.

If I can listen to "wierd headband guy" and not have to look at him, he's really good. Radio - great....TV - not so much! Certainly NOT the total package for me.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:33pm
post #179 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Do you mean the nerdy guy who growled and knocked over the microphone stand?...that would be Alex icon_lol.gif .

icon_lol.gif Thanks! Oh, Alex.

Yeah, you're right, it was more of certain words with Jorge. I just don't like seeing people stripped of who they are. Simon was right to say they were wrong in saying that before. Let him sing!

Nathaniel definitely is not the total package. And I'm really tired of the headbands.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:43pm
post #180 of 449

I am so annoyed with who they picked to come back and sing tonight. Who the heck wants to see annoying Tatiana again? I would have rather seen the country girl she was amazing or the black guy that sang the weird song at least we know he can sing R&B. I'm so mad!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%