Need Help With Cake Sketch And Idea!!!

Decorating By morgnscakes Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 9:04pm by Kim040508

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:40am
post #1 of 5

Okay, I need to make a sketch of a cake for a man that likes to go jeep mudding. I was thinking of maybe a sculpted cake that looks like a hill with a lot of dips and whatnot and a jeep splashing or sliding in mud. The man lives about an hour from me and would like to see some ideas in the form of sketches. I need help--both with some other ideas for the cake and how in the world to sketch a hill or mud or whatever!!!

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 5

I have a pic saved in my files from www.memorymakerstexas.com which seems to be close to what you're looking for?
LL

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 5

Do you want the jeep sculpted, too? It may be easier to send him pics of other cakes, rather than a sketch. I know that I can sketch a lot of things, but certain details are more difficult on paper then they are in icing!

I was going to attach a photo of a cake I did for my son... but I can't find it now! Sorry! I'll see if I can scan one and upload it.

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:38am
post #4 of 5

no, the jeep doesn't need to be sculpted, just the hill/terrain I'm thinking.

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 5

Just an idea for you, you could make a double layer sheet cake. Cut out a big dip on one side of the cake, and fill it with chocolate fudge frosting and put a jeep in the mud, then have another jeep outside of the mud pulling the other one out. I know this happens a lot when we go with some friends of ours! Just an idea though. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%