Posting Recipes?

Baking By Chiara Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 1:41am by MaisieBake

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 4

I have tried twice to post a buttercream recipe from a cakebook I own giving credit to the book and rating the recipe and I can't seem to locate it at all.
Is there a problem with posting someone else's recipes? I find Toba Garretts and others with credit being given to the credit. Is there a reason that I can't get this one up? It is from the Whimsical Bake House Book.
thanks Claire

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:03am
post #2 of 4

Recipes submitted to CC recipes section aren't automatically entered/generated as soon as you're done typing them ... icon_surprised.gif

Either Heath or Jackie must approve and then enter them into the sytem. icon_smile.gif

When is a matter of timing....depends on what else J & H are doing to keep CC up and running. icon_lol.gif

But it doesn't usually take more than a few weeks thumbs_up.gif (although longer is not unheard of).

HTH

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for that. I thought I might have stepped on copyright infringement but I did credit the book itself to make sure that they did not think it was mine.
It has to be a great recipe and I am so surprised that no one has placed it on the site before now.
It is easy to make and the best thing is that it is not too sweet.

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:41am
post #4 of 4

If you do not have permssion from whoever wrote the book, it's not enough to credit the source.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%