Off Center Cakes - Need Help

Decorating By sjbeatty8 Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 12:18am by KoryAK

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 3

I have a friend who wants a cake that isnt centered but is all lined up at one side... is there a name for this????
Im looking for pictures and ideas and cant find any because I dont know what im looking for.

Also for those that have done these.. any suggestions on structure??


2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 3

Here's one I did:

I laid a cake plate on the lower tier to mark where the cake edges would go, then put my dowel rods inside those markings. The structure is the same as a regular cake. No different what so ever.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:18am
post #3 of 3

scroll down:

and heres another (first is ovals and second is rounds):

Quote by @%username% on %date%