Cccc #9 Cookies And Cream Cupcakes

Baking By nickshalfpint Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 11:17pm by Adrian12

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:13pm
post #61 of 124

Maybe I just need to get the kind you whip yourself and add stuff to it. We really don't eat cake in our house anymore, but we're having company over, and I think they expect SOME type of cake. I don't know why I didn't think about stabilizing it. Thanks!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:27pm
post #62 of 124

No problem! And yes, it gets to the point where company expects a certain type of thing from you since you do this all the time. I know if someone came to my house and didn't get some elaborate dessert they'd probably kick my rear! icon_rolleyes.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:34pm
post #63 of 124

How do you stabilize whipped cream?

mandice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandice Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:48pm
post #64 of 124

hey, i think i may try these one day but i do have a question.

does the cookie at the bottom of the liner get soggy? better yet, do the cookies mixed into the batter get soggy? i mean, i do expect them to be soft, but how soft is what i'd like to know. just curious, is all icon_biggrin.gif

thankies!

Melvira Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #65 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

How do you stabilize whipped cream?

There are a few options, but here's one of the best!

For each cup of cream: use 1/2 teaspoon gelatin soaked in 1 tablespoon cold water. Place water in a small pan. Sprinkle plain gelatin over its surface. Let it sit for 5 minutes while the gelatin absorbs the water and softens. Stir the gelatin over low heat, until completely dissolved. Let cool, but not get cold. Add cooled gelatin all at once to cream during whipping. Stop whipping when it forms soft peaks. Do NOT overwhip!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:18pm
post #66 of 124

You can buy stabilizer too if you can find it. It's called Whip it by Dr. Oetker. I've found it in the gourmet type grocery stores.

nickshalfpint Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 10:17pm
post #67 of 124

Here are the pics of my CC's. I made 1/3 peanut butter, 1/3 regular and 1/3 chocolate oreos. And I used the chocolate bettercream with a little whopper syrup and oreos. I like big chunks of oreos , so I couldn't pipe the frosting. That's why they are so ugly, but boy are they good.
LL
LL

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 10:34pm
post #68 of 124

Ugly are you kidding? I think they look so yummy. Great job. icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 10:43pm
post #69 of 124

They look delicious ! Can any one tell me if the cookies dry out the cupcake ? I know in the past I have made a cake that was full of cookies and they pulled all the moisture out of the cake.
Also nickshalfpint... what flavor did you like the best ?
Im making mine this weekend so I can send some to hubbies work on monday ! That way I cant eat to many he he!!

nickshalfpint Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #70 of 124

The cookie doesn't dry out the CC. They don't last long around here, so I don't know if it dries out with time. I personally like the chocolate oreo ones, but my family ate ALL the PB ones and want to know when I'm making more icon_lol.gif

pamama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamama Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #71 of 124

I finally had time to make a CCCC recipe and made these with the PB oreos. I actually haven't tasted one yet but my coworkers really liked them. If I'd had some of the Reese's syrup in the house I would've put a little of that over the frosting before topping it with the cookie.

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:07am
post #72 of 124

Thanks ! So far this recipe sounds like a winner !

GrandmaG Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:57pm
post #73 of 124

The PB ones are wonderful! The cookie softens up on the bottom but not soggy but I haven't noticed the cake drying out. I am in central NE watching the Grandkids and found a mother lode of PB Oreos at their Walmart. The Cool Mint ones too so I bought a bunch of them. Also they have strawberry creme kisses out now too. If any one wants me to get them some Oreos let me know and I can mail you some. Just PM me.

Adrian12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrian12 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:33pm
post #74 of 124

Hello all, this is my first post on this site (!), but I've been lurking for a while. My conclusion thus far is that your cupcake group seems like a neat idea and a fun bunch of people! I'd like to join if that's okay and have planned to make these CCs later on today! I'll report back soon! icon_smile.gif

GrandmaG Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:41pm
post #75 of 124

Welcome Adrian12! I'm looking forward to sharing cupcake ideas with you and exchanging ideas!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 8:19pm
post #76 of 124

Adrian12.. Welcome, we love new cupcake fans !
Let us know how yours turn out ?

Melvira Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 8:27pm
post #77 of 124

YES!! We've pulled another lurker out of the closet! HI Adrian, and welcome, welcome, welcome. Now, being new, you probably don't know all the rules for this 'game'. First of all, someone posts a recipe, then you go make it, then you mail them to me and I tell you if they are any good! If you have any questions, just ask me! Oh, and don't listen to anyone who tells you that's not how it works... they're just jealous because you and I are so much cooler than them, and they lie a lot, too! Hehehehehehe!! icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif Ok fine, that's NOT how it works. Oh well, can't blame a girl for trying to get cuppies!

But seriously, I hope you enjoy 'playing' with us, and that you find some fun new recipes along the way!

nickshalfpint Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:26am
post #78 of 124

I soooo forgot about people pm'ing me with thier #. Sorry icon_redface.gif So if you guys want to start pm'ing me with a # between 1 & 1000, that would be great thumbs_up.gif

Adrian12 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:30pm
post #79 of 124

Here are mine! Yum! Melvira, I'm just not so sure they'll last long enough for me to get to the post office! icon_wink.gif
LL

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:33pm
post #80 of 124

Wow Adrian12 those look wonderful and so yummy. Glad you joined us and welcome. The more the merrier. icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:33pm
post #81 of 124

Adrian12 ..They look delish! They remind me of little clouds ! Or even a big scoop of ice cream ! he he !
What flavor Oreos did you use ? Reg !

Melvira Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #82 of 124

Gee Adrian, I'm really sorry to hear that because we've not discussed the SEVERE penalties of failing on your mission... hehehehe. icon_rolleyes.gif

nickshalfpint Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:18pm
post #83 of 124

Adrian12, those looks soooooooo cute. I love the little holders. I notice you live in Pensacola, my mom and stepdad used to live there.

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 9:12pm
post #84 of 124

I saw that to.. Pensacola, FL is one of my fav places ! I love Florida !!!

Adrian12 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:18pm
post #85 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

Adrian12, those looks soooooooo cute. I love the little holders. I notice you live in Pensacola, my mom and stepdad used to live there.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! You all are so wonderful and welcoming. icon_smile.gif I am relatively new to Pensacola, so if you know of any secret cool places to go, pass them on! I've been here since August, so I've found some cool stuff, but am still looking... My boyfriend (Matt) and I don't know anyone here, which is why I've picked up this new hobby! icon_cool.gif

As for the CCs, they are yummo! Matt doesn't like frosting so normally doesn't devour my cake experiments, but I think he had three of these last night! icon_eek.gif I just used regular Oreos (actually I went for budget generic), but will probably make them again with a different flavor in the future. I like how this recipe is so adaptable just by changing out one ingredient! Thanks so much for sharing it! When do we start the next thread? I'm excited! icon_biggrin.gif

GrandmaG Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:00pm
post #86 of 124

OK, I just bought about 7 packs of PB Oreos and now I read not to eat peanut butter. I don't think the Oreos are included in the recall but what do you think? Should I take them back?

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:06pm
post #87 of 124

GrandmaG icon_surprised.gif What recall... icon_confused.gif I caught the end of a recall on some type of cracker but dont even know the brand/maker???
Does it have to do with Oreos to ? icon_cry.gif

GrandmaG Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:13pm
post #88 of 124

They haven't mentioned Oreos yet but I can't take the chance. Keebler is included though. I might hold on to them until they know for sure. They are saying items that peanut butter is sold to commercially, which would be Oreos. There's an article in the paper today but here is a thread that also explains it.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-615258-0.html

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:22pm
post #89 of 124

OH thanks ..Well I guess I will make my cuppies out of a different flavor of Oreo,s then.
The p.b. ones will have to wait till later !

GrandmaG Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:29pm
post #90 of 124

Too bad. The PB Oreos cc's are sooo good! I really don't want to take those packs back! icon_cry.gif So far I can't find anything about Oreo Brand but not taking the chance until they know for sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%