Cupcake Paper Pulling From Cupcake

Decorating By AllButterlicious Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 1:01pm by zamku

AllButterlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllButterlicious Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 21

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I bake cupcakes, the cases or paper pulls away from the cake. What causes this? Is there anything I can to prevent this from happening? I have even stopped accepting orders because this happens.

Allbutterlicious

20 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #2 of 21

When do they start to pull away? Is it while in the oven or right after they come out of the oven? Is it while they are cooling or do you store it in a container??

AllButterlicious Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 21

The paper pulls away while they're cooling in the pan.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:32am
post #4 of 21

Sounds like they are shinking whenthey care cooling..... making your baking them too long

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:33am
post #5 of 21

Don't cool them in the pan. The moisture that escapes from them while they are cooling is most likely what's causing your problem. Let them sit for a few minutes and then remove them to cooling racks. Should clear up your problem.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:41am
post #6 of 21

I have the same problem! It drives me mad..I don't think I'm overbaking them because I take them out at about 14-15 minutes when it says (17-20) min. I will try JKalman's tip! Thanks for sharing!!!

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:53am
post #7 of 21

It happens to me when I use recipes that call for butter instead of oil. I only make cupcakes with oil based recipes.

Shirl

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:03am
post #8 of 21

It happens to me when I use recipes that call for butter instead of oil. I only make cupcakes with oil based recipes.

Shirl

Pitchers_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pitchers_Bakery Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:03am
post #9 of 21

I bake my cupcakes, then take them out of the oven, right after i take a large spoon and pull the cupcakes out of the pan set on cooling rack to cool... never had any problems!

bbfanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbfanny Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:35am
post #10 of 21

here's my 2 cents worth.......happened to me too. it is caused by the butter content in your recipe, too much butter will result in this. Also, egg content. reduce either 1 of this and you shouldnt get this prob.

cylstrial Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 12:01pm
post #11 of 21

I don't use butter in the recipe. I use oil in my cupcakes. But I do spray Pam all over the liner like crazy!!!! Could that be causing it?

Pitchers_Bakery Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:41pm
post #12 of 21

i spray pam on my tray not the cupcake cups. I do a light spray for about 2 seconds and i never re-spray unless i've done like 3 batches, ive never had anything happen....so i dont think its your spray but maybe go a little lighter on the spray...

thefrostedcakencookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thefrostedcakencookie Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:12pm
post #13 of 21

you shouldn't have to spray the paper liners unless you are using a low fat recipe and i don't really see any reason to spray the pan itself unless you are overfilling you liners. spraying the papers will definitely make them pull away. HTH

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:16pm
post #14 of 21

Yeah.. don't spray your cupcake tins unless you aren't using liners. There's no need and all that extra grease coudl definitely be part of your problem. Also under-baking them can be a problem too. They will shrink up a bit and can pull away. So.. no spray.. bake until done.. and remove from the pans to cool.. tha should help. Make sure they are completely cooled before storing them as well.

I use butter in almost all of my recipes and I don't have the pulling away from the paper issue.

cylstrial Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:32pm
post #15 of 21

Ok -- I'm going to try it without the spray! Thanks! (Sorry about hi-jacking your thread. Hopefully, it helped you too).

AllButterlicious Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:47pm
post #16 of 21

Thank you for the tips, however, I have tried removing them immediately from pan, allowing the batter to rest before spooning in cups, not spraying the pan, and the same thing happens. I thought about the butter base, but my red velvet uses butter and that one does not pull when making cupcakes. I only have this problem from yellow cakes. I would like to keep the same recipe, because it's the same one I use for my basic yellow cakes. I need to be consisten, since my customers expect this same type of cake.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:56pm
post #17 of 21

i hate this too... i sometimes have them shrink and pull away... but it will only happen in 2 out of 30 cupcakes... gr....

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 5:37am
post #18 of 21

What about the opposite problem...the liner pulling off the sides of the cupcake when you try to eat it? How is that fixed?

Pitchers_Bakery Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:05pm
post #19 of 21

yeah i do have that problem when you pull the lining away from the cupcake to eat it it seems like half of it is left in the cupcake wrapper... how is that fixed?

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:54pm
post #20 of 21

I too have the same problem as the original poster I do take them out of the tin immediately and let them cool completely before storing.

I have only found luck with the wilton silver liners (the newer ones with the second layer of liner fused to the silver liner).

zamku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zamku Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:01pm
post #21 of 21

I too have the same problem, but in my last batch, I put a bit more liquid in my batter, and baked it at a lower temperature, and the wrappers stayed stuck to the cupcakes.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%