Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 26 Jun 2019 , 12:51am by SandraSmiley

sgalvan62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgalvan62 Posted 22 May 2013 , 12:39pm
post #6241 of 6535

AOk I made the pineapple coconut banana cake and it didn't rise much it's only 1 1/2 in. Also it's very heavy . I wanted to use this as my bottom tier, (10,8)wanted to fill and cover with fondant . Will this still work? Made 2 -10 rounds should I make another , to get the hight I wanted? Can this cake be covered in fondant? Should I start over and make tropical breeze cake which has the flavors just not all the fruit? Ugh! What to do?

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 22 May 2013 , 4:30pm
post #6242 of 6535

A

Original message sent by sgalvan62

Ok I made the pineapple coconut banana cake and it didn't rise much it's only 1 1/2 in. Also it's very heavy . I wanted to use this as my bottom tier, (10,8)wanted to fill and cover with fondant . Will this still work? Made 2 -10 rounds should I make another , to get the hight I wanted? Can this cake be covered in fondant? Should I start over and make tropical breeze cake which has the flavors just not all the fruit? Ugh! What to do?

Hmm quite the predicament. I've never made that particular recipe (in fact I'll have to scroll back up and see if it's listed somewhere bc it sounds delish). We're you able to taste it after it was baked? Any time I make a new recipe I have learned to make one small cupcake out of the batter so I can try the final product. I'm willing to bet the cake still tastes good even though it didn't rise well, however there is the chance that it super dense and chewy in the middle.

I would do this: yes bake a 3rd layer to get the height (I personally always bake 3 thinish layers instead of torting my cakes) So the batter should make another two pans worth of cake, right? Just go ahead and cut into one of the cakes you have made already and test it out. Since you definitely won't need the 4th layer...and who knows maybe this time around it will be even better. In which case just use the questionable layer at the bottom of the tier. HTH

AsmaAsif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AsmaAsif Posted 22 May 2013 , 5:58pm
post #6243 of 6535

AMacsmom can u plz post recipe for white choclate raspberry cake?

TheLoveOfSugar Posted 22 May 2013 , 6:51pm
post #6244 of 6535

A

Ok I made the pineapple coconut banana cake and it didn't rise much it's only 1 1/2 in. Also it's very heavy . I wanted to use this as my bottom tier, (10,8)wanted to fill and cover with fondant . Will this still work? Made 2 -10 rounds should I make another , to get the hight I wanted? Can this cake be covered in fondant? Should I start over and make tropical breeze cake which has the flavors just not all the fruit? Ugh! What to do?

Hmm quite the predicament. I've never made that particular recipe (in fact I'll have to scroll back up and see if it's listed somewhere bc it sounds delish). We're you able to taste it after it was baked? Any time I make a new recipe I have learned to make one small cupcake out of the batter so I can try the final product. I'm willing to bet the cake still tastes good even though it didn't rise well, however there is the chance that it super dense and chewy in the middle.

I would do this: yes bake a 3rd layer to get the height (I personally always bake 3 thinish layers instead of torting my cakes) So the batter should make another two pans worth of cake, right? Just go ahead and cut into one of the cakes you have made already and test it out. Since you definitely won't need the 4th layer...and who knows maybe this time around it will be even better. In which case just use the questionable layer at the bottom of the tier. HTH

sgalvan62 Posted 23 May 2013 , 3:38am
post #6245 of 6535

AThanks, Theloveofsugar, I made the third layer had my husband test it( I don't care for coconut) and he liked it even asked for a second slice!... So I'm gonna fill and decorate! It's for m nices Hawaiin themed graduation party, all family and friends!:D

TheLoveOfSugar Posted 23 May 2013 , 4:21pm
post #6246 of 6535

A

Thanks, Theloveofsugar, I made the third layer had my husband test it( I don't care for coconut) and he liked it even asked for a second slice!... So I'm gonna fill and decorate! It's for m nices Hawaiin themed graduation party, all family and friends!:D

Wow that must be a really good cake then! Good job ;) Did it have icing on it when he ate it? I have always said any cake that is good enough to be eaten plain without any icing or glaze is darn good cake!! Do you have a link to the recipe by any chance? I'd like to make them into cupcakes. What type of icing did you use? Pictures?

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 23 May 2013 , 5:07pm
post #6247 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmary 

Macsmom, for the Pineapple Coconut Banana cake. Do we follow the WASC recipe plus de additions for this cake?? Or do you just substitute the liquids? Sorry for the dumb question.

thanks!

Substitute the liquids.

MacsMom Posted 23 May 2013 , 5:09pm
post #6248 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmich 

I've made this cake several times.  It is a favorite of everyone I know.  I've never used root beer float extract, only the lorann drams.  I'm not sure if you're near a Hobby Lobby, but I find they carry it--no need to order online.  

Rootbeer extract works just fine!

MacsMom Posted 23 May 2013 , 5:14pm
post #6249 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgalvan62 

OH!  I've never made that recipe (the one by sayhellojana).  The tropic breeze is what I call pineapple-coconut-banana...

Kimberly514 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimberly514 Posted 25 May 2013 , 11:32pm
post #6250 of 6535

SAVED

vintageowl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vintageowl Posted 27 May 2013 , 3:03am
post #6251 of 6535

Ok I have been on this thread for 2 days and still not through it all! So many good tips and recipes it is amazing :) Thank you so much MacsMom you have been amazing sharing all your secrets! I'm sure you have already posted it once but I have yet to find it, so would you be willing to post the recipe for your Fuzzy Navel Cake? I am making a graduation cake this weekend and she is very much against chocolate so I thought this would be great! Thank you

MacsMom Posted 28 May 2013 , 3:15pm
post #6252 of 6535

Fuzzy Navel

2 boxes DH Orange Supreme

2 c flour

1-3/4 c sugar

1-1/2 tsp salt

1 pkg vanilla pudding mix

6 eggs + 1 white

2 cups Peach Schnapps

2/3 c water

1/4 c oil

2 c sour cream

* Taste batter to decide if you'd like to add any additional orange or peach flavoring. (I add 1/2 tsp LoRann orange oil).

Momof3babycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3babycakes Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 4:04am
post #6253 of 6535

wonderful thread! So gracious of everyone to share! Thank you!

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 3:25am
post #6254 of 6535

Lemon Drop ~ Lemon cake filled with lemon curd & white-chocolate ganache.

OK--For this Gourmet Cake would you fill the insides with a thin layer of white chocolate ganache and then the Lemon curd on top then stack next layer----OR fill with just the lemon curd filling and ICED in the White Chocolate Ganache---

And does anyone have great Lemon Curd recipe??

I have a friend that LOVES lemon and I was thinking this would be the BEST gift for her bday!!

lelisga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lelisga Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 4:06am
post #6255 of 6535

AHi! i dont understand what mean wasc. iam new. sorry my english is not good i try.

lelisga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lelisga Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 4:32am
post #6256 of 6535

A

Original message sent by lelisga

Hi! i dont understand what mean wasc. iam new. sorry my english is not good i try.

Deb2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb2013 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 4:41am
post #6257 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelisga 

I think it means White Almond Sour Cream.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 6:09pm
post #6258 of 6535

@ lelisga, congratulations on your effort. English is a difficult language and I admire your reaching out to this forum for information. WASC stands for  

White Almond Sour Cream. It is a popular cake with numerous variations and can be found in the recipe section.

@Cakemommy, I have a number of recipes for curds of all flavors. (I love fruit curds.) They range from somewhat involved to my latest favorite, Microwave! How simple and delicious it is. I promptly bought some limes and made all three versions, freezing them in 2 C. quantities in Zip Loc freezer bags for future uses.

MICROWAVE LEMON CURD WITH LIME & ORANGE VERSIONS

3/4 C. Sugar

1/2 C. Fresh lemon juice

Grated rind from 2 lemons

3 Eggs

1 Egg yolk

1/2 C. Butter

1. Combine sugar, juice and grated rind in a blender. Blend on highest speed until you can barely see grated rind.

2 .Add eggs and pulse several times.

3. Melt butter in a 2 Qt. batter bowl. Pour into blender through the hole in the lid while machine is on low.

4. Pour the mixture back into 2- Qt. batter bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes, whisking well after each minute. Toward the end, whisk every 15-30                  seconds. Don't let mixture boil. It should be thick with a nice coating over the spoon. It will thicken when chilled.

5. Store in clean glass jars in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks, or up to a year in the freezer.

NOTES

LIME  VERSION: Substitute lime juice for the lemon and grated lime for grated lemon. 

ORANGE VERSION: Grate find from one orange and one lemon. Substitute orange juice for the lemon juice.

I like to add a touch of fooe coloring to the lime and orange. Otherwise they are yellow and look almost identical to the lemon.

MacsMom Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 6:48pm
post #6259 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelisga 

Hi! i dont understand what mean wasc. iam new. sorry my english is not good i try.

It's an acronym for the recipe White Almond Sour Cream cake.

sgalvan62 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 6:51pm
post #6260 of 6535

AMilkmade42, microwave lemon curd YUMMY! Can't wait to try this, thank you!

VeenasArtofCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeenasArtofCakes Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 7:12pm
post #6261 of 6535
Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 4:02am
post #6262 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

@ lelisga, congratulations on your effort. English is a difficult language and I admire your reaching out to this forum for information. WASC stands for  

White Almond Sour Cream. It is a popular cake with numerous variations and can be found in the recipe section.

@Cakemommy, I have a number of recipes for curds of all flavors. (I love fruit curds.) They range from somewhat involved to my latest favorite, Microwave! How simple and delicious it is. I promptly bought some limes and made all three versions, freezing them in 2 C. quantities in Zip Loc freezer bags for future uses.

MICROWAVE LEMON CURD WITH LIME & ORANGE VERSIONS

3/4 C. Sugar

1/2 C. Fresh lemon juice

Grated rind from 2 lemons

3 Eggs

1 Egg yolk

1/2 C. Butter

1. Combine sugar, juice and grated rind in a blender. Blend on highest speed until you can barely see grated rind.

2 .Add eggs and pulse several times.

3. Melt butter in a 2 Qt. batter bowl. Pour into blender through the hole in the lid while machine is on low.

4. Pour the mixture back into 2- Qt. batter bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes, whisking well after each minute. Toward the end, whisk every 15-30                  seconds. Don't let mixture boil. It should be thick with a nice coating over the spoon. It will thicken when chilled.

5. Store in clean glass jars in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks, or up to a year in the freezer.

NOTES

LIME  VERSION: Substitute lime juice for the lemon and grated lime for grated lemon. 

ORANGE VERSION: Grate find from one orange and one lemon. Substitute orange juice for the lemon juice.

I like to add a touch of fooe coloring to the lime and orange. Otherwise they are yellow and look almost identical to the lemon.

This sounds amazing easy and YUMMY!!  Cant wait to try it!  Thank you for being so helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeenasArtofCakes 

Here's one of my list posted on my Facebook page.. Tip Thursday..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375292552569600&set=a.377828872315968.77051.151626264936231&type=3&theater

Loving looking thru all your Tuesday Tips!  Very cool thing to do!

datikiprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
datikiprincess Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 4:06am
post #6263 of 6535

white almond sour cream :-)

MacsMom Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 2:56pm
post #6264 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeenasArtofCakes 

Here's one of my list posted on my Facebook page.. Tip Thursday..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375292552569600&set=a.377828872315968.77051.151626264936231&type=3&theater

Thank you for sharing! I loved reading all of your Thursday Tips :)

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 4:02am
post #6265 of 6535

AWow is all i can say!!! Macsmom and Chef-Stef you have me craving cake and wanting to try out all of these amazing recipes. I'm looking for a recipe for a simple but wonderful go to basic vanilla or white cake. Also a peanut butter buttercream icing. Anyone want to share a recipe with me please.

mclar133 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclar133 Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 3:21am
post #6266 of 6535

AWow so many choices from so many talented people!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 2:24pm
post #6267 of 6535

AAre we allowed to use these recipes and put the flavors on our site?

MacsMom Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 6:57pm
post #6268 of 6535
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

Are we allowed to use these recipes and put the flavors on our site?

It would be copyright infringement unless you gave proper credit.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 10:02pm
post #6269 of 6535

Is there a certain way that you would like credit to be given? A link or "thanks to MacsMom for these lovely recipes"? I was under the impression that a recipe could not be copyrighted. Don't take that in anyway that I would not want to give credit...the question was just for curiosity's sake. I appreciate you sharing these! I want to eat them all tonight...

And is there a certain one that you would recommend for a situation where you are told...oh I don't care what flavor it is...it just needs to be over the top!? They all look over the top to me!!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 12:00am
post #6270 of 6535

I believe that a list of ingredients cannot be copyrighted, but the directions for what to do with them can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%