How Do I Beat Cake Mania, Back To The Bakery

Decorating By bizatchgirl Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 2:27am by bizatchgirl

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 10

I beat the first Cake Mania. Now on Back to the Bakery I'm stuck at September year 2. I've gone back and tried to make different purchases and I still can't get past it. I come within $17 of the goal but never make it.

Help!

"Hello, my name is Kristy and I am a cake addict"

9 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 10

I have no idea what any of the above post means. icon_confused.gif

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 10

Wii.......... I thought I was the only cake dork. LOL I spotted that game across a crowded after the holiday afternoon at the mall. Hah !

Then a used sytem cake in, I mean came in, we purchased it.

sorry to say...

My daughter is much better at the game, but I am much better in the kitchen with the real thing ! LOL

If I ever get the chance to really play and I come across that road I will hopefully have an answer for you. For now...

I am off to do the real thing, almost, a dummy cake.

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

I beat the first Cake Mania. Now on Back to the Bakery I'm stuck at September year 2. I've gone back and tried to make different purchases and I still can't get past it. I come within $17 of the goal but never make it.

Help!

"Hello, my name is Kristy and I am a cake addict"

I could never get past it either - I'm not sure how but it's certainly frustrating - though this post should probably be in lounge area for off-topic discussions

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 10

Let's see if I can explain this right:

I've found that both cake mania are only as hard as the supplies that you buy... meaning you will never get a cake order that requires something you haven't bought...

so to get past a stage.. don't buy anything (just upgrade speeds of oven and froster) I quit buying the TV - spend too much time fixing the channels and have learned that cookies are better are keeping the customers happy... so every once in awhile I run down the line and give everyone a cookie....

I guess I should mention that I play the DS version.. I unfortunately beat both 1 and 2 the first weekend I received them...

hope that helps a bit!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I have no idea what any of the above post means. icon_confused.gif

Same here! Guess I better read on..is this a new game for WII or something?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 10

I guess this is what my granddaughter calls Technically Challenged!!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I guess this is what my granddaughter calls Technically Challenged!!

I am still confused...is this a game online?

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 10:29pm
post #9 of 10

You can play it both online or buy it for your computer. And apparently Nintendo DS, though I hadn't seen that one yet! I've played the first and third free online, but somehow missed the second one!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:27am
post #10 of 10

Thanks all, I guess I'll just have to keep trying. Sorry if this wasn't the proper place to post. I've never posted in the lounge before.

I played it online and beat all the available levels. So I bought it for my PC. After I beat all the levels on the first one, I purchased the second one (also for PC). Then I locked myself out of my laptop for 8 months. Now I'm back in and totally hooked on my 'new' cake game.

I've also seen it used at Game Stop, for XBOX I think.

You start out with one slow oven and one icing station. As you beat each level, you earn money and you purchase/upgrade your ovens and your icing stations, plus buy decorations and winged shoes to make you go faster. You can also buy a TV and microwave for goodies, to keep your customers happy while waiting for cakes.

As I said, my name is Kristy and I am a cake addict! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%