Indydebi's B/c, Dow Do You ???

Decorating By ranbel Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 6:16pm by Lorendabug

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 5

I just made a cake with Indydebi's bc and was wondering what method do you use to smooth it? It just didn't smooth as well for me as Sugarshacks. I actaully think they tast alike. The only difference is. is there is less crisco in Indydebi's...
I have sugarshacks dvd on smooth and it works great with her recipe, is is because of it having more crisco maybe? I do add the dreamwhip to sugarshacks as well, only because I LOVE THAT STUFF.
Maybe I am just having a bad decorating this morning, cuz I'm not really feeling it today.
Thank goodness this cake is for a family bday today...otherwise, I would be quite embarassed....

4 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 5

This week I tried indydebi's recipe for the first time and i have never had a cake so smooth! I'm sorry I cant be of any help with your question since i had no problems. Maybe indydebi can help you. Did you try to PM her? I have yet to try sugarshack's recipe but just got my sweetex in the mail.

you should take another shot at it, maybe you were "just having a bad decorating morning" well i hope someone can help!

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 5

I really screwed up that subject ine, it's suppose to read "How do you" not dow do you....

Thanks,

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't tried Sugarshack's or Indydebi's recipes either. I just got Sugarshack's video, just haven't given it a test run.

Just from what you said though, it could certainly be the Crisco that is making the difference for you. It is something to do with the fat/sugar ratio that helps you get a nice crusting icing.

That being said...most people have wonderful results with Indydebi's. So, maybe it's something else???

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 5

I just made her buttercream and I just love it! I think I over mixed the shortening and liquid, I had too much air in it. But, I still love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%