Cake Stands?

Decorating By ss4him Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 12:29am by KoryAK

ss4him Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ss4him Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 4

Where do you buy cake stands?

I mostly do tiered birthday and shower cakes. I have seen some really cute pedastal cake stands, but I know my cakes are heavy and I'm afraid they wouldn't hold up. But I am getting very tired of the one stand I have! Any ideas?

Thanks!!

3 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 4

You can look for a manufacturer of acrylic products in your area. I have one and they do all kinds of stands-jewelery stores, food displays etc. They work out the cheapest and strongest. Good luck!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 4

I've seen a lot of them on the internet! I think there is a website called "saveoncrafts". Just google it because I'm not sure what the actual address is. You have to go to the Wedding section and then I think it's called cake pedestals or something like that. They have some cute ones! I know that CakesbySam sells them as well. Goodluck!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #4 of 4

i like www.weddingcakestands.com , www.catererswarehouse.com, and ebay. i dont rent out pedestal stands because they will break evenually and some customer will end up eating that... plus it makes for a very top-heavy setup. really cute, but realize those cakes in magazines are actually small and dummies to boot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%