Tutorial For Ballerina Cake Like Debbie Brown

Decorating By byinvitation Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

byinvitation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
byinvitation Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:24am
post #1 of 6

I would like to know who has made the ballerina cake like Debbie Brown's Enchanted Cakes, I have tried locating the book but it needs to be order and my local libray does not have it. I've see photos on cc but not clear on adding the ruffles etc., I plan on using a barbie for the body

Please provide instructions, or if you can email copies of the pages pertaining to the Ballerina Cake. I am having hard time visualizing the step by step instructions The cake is due next week

5 replies
byinvitation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
byinvitation Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 6

bump

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 6

I have that book, I can try and scan it and email it to you. If you want to pm me your email address I can try.... Got a new copy/scanner for Christmas.

Shirl

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLev557

I have that book, I can try and scan it and email it to you. If you want to pm me your email address I can try.... Got a new copy/scanner for Christmas.

Shirl

Can you pm me the instructions too? Thanks

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 6

The ruffles on the tutu are made with a garrett frill cutter. Cut out a ring with the frill cutter (I used the largest center circle), then make a cut into the ring so that you can lay the ring in a straight line. Frill the scalloped edge of the ring with a toothpick so that it ruffles. Attach the straight edge to the fondant-covered cake with a little water so that it sticks.

The ballerina in my photos was done for a competition, so it has a LOT more ruffles than the one in Debbie Brown's book.

HTH,
Deanna

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 6

Just passing through and I saw this.

Here's how I did mine: The book says to use a Garrett cutter - I used two different sized biscuit cutters - to make a circle of fondant that has a scalloped edge. Next, I took a toothpick and used it like a mini rolling pin over the scalloped edges to make them thin and frilly. I then cut the circle with the toothpick so that it's a somewhat straight piece and attached it to the cake.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%