Tulip Cupcake/muffin Liners/papers

Baking By adawndria Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 8:43pm by olukad

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:05am
post #1 of 16

Hi There--

I'm really interested in trying out these cupcake liners posted on the Baking Bites blog. I don't want to order any in case I don't like them. Does anyone know how to make them?

http://bakingbites.com/2009/01/tulip-muffin-papers/

Thanks!
Adawndria

15 replies
kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:30am
post #2 of 16

It looks to me like you could just cut two squares of parchment (or even brown craft paper or fancy scrapbook paper, etc.) then lay one on top of the other so that you'd have four "corners" Just put a dab of hot glue to secure the sides...it's worth a try, hope something works out for you icon_smile.gif .

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 6:02am
post #3 of 16

I have dark brown ones.

I don't use them myself, but sell them in the store and they are very popular. They are made of a kind of 'parchment-y' paper and you need to put them in a muffin pan. They are quite tall, so they demand extra batter so that the muffin doesn't look small and feeble.

Also, if you want to make them yourself you would only need one square of paper, NOT two... two would give you eight corners, not four, as the previous poster mentioned.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Also, if you want to make them yourself you would only need one square of paper, NOT two... two would give you eight corners, not four, as the previous poster mentioned.

ummmm, obviously NOT a geometry whiz here icon_redface.gif , thanks chutzpah for correcting my error!

chutzpah Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 16

heehee

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 16

I just made one from a square piece of scrap paper while sitting here reading. I just stapled it together to see if it would look like the picture shown. It looks pretty close. Now I'd like to know what is holding those in the picture together?

chutzpah Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:15am
post #7 of 16

When they are mass-produced like that there are special glues that hold them together, obviously... most likely stuff that is manufactured for the occasion.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:22am
post #8 of 16

Thanks so much everyone!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:34am
post #9 of 16

I know you said you wanted to make them first before buying them but I just ran across them a few moments ago while placing an order. Just in case you like them, they sell them here for $3/25 pieces. I've never priced them before, but that doesn't sound too bad for a speciality cup.
Scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way--hope this helps.

http://www.plasticcontainercity.com/Baking_Molds.htm

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #10 of 16

Yea.....disregard my above post!!
I see Kitchen Krafts sells them cheaper - 50/$4.95!

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 16

I bought mine from Kitchen Krafts. I used them for the first time yesterday making muffins for my MOPS group today. There is no glue on mine. just folded. The problem w/ the white ones are they looked ugly after I took them out of the oven. but the brown ones looked great!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 8:11am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell62995

I bought mine from Kitchen Krafts. I used them for the first time yesterday making muffins for my MOPS group today. There is no glue on mine. just folded. The problem w/ the white ones are they looked ugly after I took them out of the oven. but the brown ones looked great!

Thanks so much for your tip about the white ones! I've been going back and forth about ordering these for awhile, I finally decided to go ahead and I'm glad I saw your input, I changed my order to all brown, thanks!

kimberlyjohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlyjohnson Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:52pm
post #13 of 16

I made my own last weekend. I was using my king sized muffin pan (the one that makes really tall cupcakes as opposed to the one that makes really wide cupcakes) so I used a 10" x 10" piece of parchment paper. I just pushed the square down in to the pan folding the paper as I pushed down to get the look I wanted. I was concerned about the parchment paper browning in the oven but it worked out fine (as long as I didn't get any drips)!

When the cakes were finished I tied a ribbon around the whole thing to keep the ends from unfolding. You can see a picture here ...

http://onlycreativeopportunities.blogspot.com/2009/01/twd-berry-surprise-cake.html

olukad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olukad Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:26pm
post #14 of 16

Hi all, I don't know who pointed us to a martha stewart show where i saw how to make the tulip cases. I tried this out and they came out great.

Everyone was bowled over - being me and i. They really looked great but they do need about half a cup of bayyer to look right. I use smaller squares now so i can use 1/4 cup of batter.
You're awesome on this forum. Great recipes, tutorials and just about so much. Thanks a zillion.
LL

olukad Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:32pm
post #15 of 16

Hi all, I don't know who pointed us to a martha stewart show where i saw how to make the tulip cases. I tried this out and they came out great.

Everyone was bowled over - being me and i. They really looked great but they do need about half a cup of bayyer to look right. I use smaller squares now so i can use 1/4 cup of batter.
You're awesome on this forum. Great recipes, tutorials and just about so much. Thanks a zillion.
LL

olukad Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:43pm
post #16 of 16

Kimberley, i visited your site. The ribbon turns the cupcake into seriously classic stuff. A la parisien. I am inspired. I shall definitely try that with my filled cupcakes. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%