Cake Baking Question

Decorating By babycakes73 Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm by babycakes73

babycakes73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes73 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 5

HI
I am wondering if anyone has ever baked a cake using the Pampererd Chef batter bowls?
If so did you use the WASC recipe and did your cakes workout.
I want to try to make a cake and I have both the 8 cup and 4 cup batter bowls and would like to use both for different parts of a cake.
Does anyone know how much to fill the bowls and what temp to cook in the oven?
I have only ever used cake pans for cakes but I know they say you can make a Barbi dress using the big batter bowl.
Thanks for any info.
S.K icon_confused.gif

4 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 5

I used the large batter bowl for my barbie dress, and it took a whole box mix, maybe like six xups - I forgot to look. I knew I wanted a hole down the center and I was thinking it needed heating core to help it cook so I sprayed the core from an angel food cake pan with cake release and set it into the batter resting on the top of the bowl, cooked it at 325 for about 50 minutes, it came out great.

HTH

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 5

I have used some stainless steel bowls but have found that I need to put a flower nail in the bottom to help it cook more evenly. Great idea about the angel food cake pan center! How did you check to see if the cake was done?

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 5

it is a clear bowl so you could see it cooking after an appropriate length of time - something like 45 minutes I just lifted it a bit, at one point it was gooey in the middle - like really thick pudding - so I just replaced the core and kept baking.

babycakes73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes73 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 5

do you have to put something in the middle for it to cook evenly? I do not need a hole.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%