2009 Cake Trends

Decorating By Carson Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 9:57pm by deliciously_decadent

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 4

So, now that 2009 is here I was wondering what everyone sees as the new cake trends? I feel like I'm in a bit of a cake slump and am looking for a new idea to try out.

Can't wait to see all the interesting ideas and pictures!

3 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 4

Me too! I would like to see what will the the NEW thing to do this year. I know around here I would like to see fondant become more popular. I do very few but would love to do more. I like it but around here they dont like the texture.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 4

Want to really wow a client-xspecially for a wedding cake; talk about fashion! Use the Pantone Spring 2009 colors to create the hot new colors and shapes (like ruffles).

http://www.fashiontrendsetter.com/content/color_trends/2008/Pantone-Fashion-Color-Report-Summer-2009.html

Also the trend of having a tower of cupcakes, rather than a traditional cake, is there to stay in 2009l. However, this year, instead of the usual round cupcakes, cakes in geometric shapes will be the flavor of the season. Towers made of square cakes are amongst the hot favorites for the brides in 2009.

"Runway" Cakes....

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 4

l my clients areafter the whimsy style with bows, stripes and polka dots, the more brave are all having madhatters with some going for all white or ivory and other going all out in bright colours with metalics. jewellry cakes is probably my other biggest request, but then these are the two styles that differ me from my compitition to (most of them stick with the boring traditional style) so it may just be my clientelle (i tend to attract the fun whacky ones lol!) i am really in the mood to go citrus this yr i think with limes,lemons skye and electric blue grape and eggplant!!!! i am hoping for some really fun colour schemes more than anything else!! but i think 2009 has a fun relaxed feel about it with people wanting to be a little different

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%