Attach Candy Molds To Fondant?

Decorating By softgreenside Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 3:29pm by Frankyola

softgreenside Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
softgreenside Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondering if anyone knows how to attach Candy molds to Fondant?

I'm making an Anniversary cake for my grandparents 54th Anniversary and we are doing a Diamond theme to it. I've created the molds already and have already put the fondant on my cake.

I just need to figure out the best way to attach them. Should i do it before transporting it or do it when i get to my grandparents place?

3 replies
mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 4

I did a cke a while back that I used candy choc teddy bears to decorate the border... I took sucker sticks and cut them down to 2in each and before my choc was 100% set I stuck them in the center of the back... I was then able to stick them in the cake just above the base kinda like they were floating.... and they held in the cake really well... I might add... the bigger your candy peice the longer you will need to cut the sticks... this will help with the weight and keep the candy from pulling down on your cake... GOOD LUCK!!! icon_biggrin.gif

softgreenside Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
softgreenside Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 4

Ok i've never heard of Sucker Sticks. Plus my molds are already set and hard...The molds are just going around the cake on the edge.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 4

softgreenside: what about using a little melt chocolate once it is dry i think you will not have any problem to transport it, I use melt chocolate on the decorations on my TT (on my photos) and I transport it just as you see it with no problems.

mabryant0212: Thank you for the sucker sticks tip that is a super idea. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%