Need Help With This Cake...

Decorating By bekahzzz Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 2:18am by kakeladi

bekahzzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahzzz Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 2

The owner from the bakery I work at took an order for a four tier square wedding cake for 80 ppl. She said that they want cornelius lace on each tier, with fresh fruit as the borders for color and a chocolate drizzle down each cake.

I've done a few cakes, but not sure about this one. (Don't care for that much going on with my cakes...but I'm not paying for it) I don't have much experience setting up cakes either. (Which I have to do for this order)

She also told me to figure out what size layers to do for that many ppl. I tried to figure that one out but four tiers with only that many ppl even not counting the top layer is still too much cake....oh well, the least of my problems really.

I'm wondering how to do the chocolate drizzle and transport and put together this cake and still have it come out perfect??? ANy ideas or help would be great!!

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:18am
post #2 of 2

.....four tier square wedding cake for 80 ppl. She said that they want cornelius lace on each tier, with fresh fruit as the borders for color and a chocolate drizzle down each cake......

Sounds to me like you need to use single (2") layers for that.
12, 10, 8, 6 x2" sq would give you 70; 14, 10, 8, 4 = 89; 12x2, 10x4, 8x2 & 4x2 = 102. That's based on 2"x2x2 pieces. The last one using an 8x4 sq would be 2x2x2 for all but the 4", which is cut 1x2x4. That's the closest you'll come I think.

I think you mean 'cornelli' lace- not corneliusicon_smile.gif It is just a random line piped w/tip 2 all around the cake (lines never touch or cross over each other). It is a technique I love - I think it is very elegant. A bit time consuming but not hard or fussy looking. A choco drizzle over it is going to look niceicon_smile.gif HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%