Looking For A Cookie Sheet Like Item But Totally Flat...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 6:23am by GI

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:42am
post #1 of 7

I need a cookie sheet like item that is totally flat. (Same size as a cookie sheet). Anyone ever seen something like this. I made a make shift one with cardboard covered with tin foil. It's a pain to try and clean. I use it for sliding between torted layers on an extra large cake. This way I can pick the layer up easily and slide it back easily after I have filled the layer below. (I always spray it with cooking spray so it doesn't stick!). I have something like it that I bought that is round with a handle. (About a 8" round) It comes in handy to. I just need a larger one like I discribed. Anyone? icon_confused.gif

6 replies
KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:30am
post #2 of 7

Kitchen Connection had a really large round one with a handle like you already have. I'd say the circle was 10 inches or more in diameter. BUT I've also seen the other thing you are talking about. I have seen cookie sheets that are completely flat, with no lip except a bent edge on one side, perfect for want you need it for. They do exist. I think I've seen those type of cookie sheets at Sam's or Kitchen Connection or even a discount store like Fred's or Dollar General. Try looking at bakery supply shops online. Sorry I can't give you anything more specific except to look for a cookie sheet.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:33am
post #3 of 7

I got one at Wal-Mart but it had a lip on one end (perfect for holding) but it was an airbake, which sucked since it was a bit thicker then I would have preferred. I bought it anyway and kept my eyes peeled in the thrift stores for a thinner metal one and eventually came across one.

The are perfect for torting - the yellow thing they sell at Michaels is wayyyyy too small......

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:48am
post #4 of 7

I have the exact one cakediva73 mentioned and I have used it for torting for years! I have had no problems with it at all. And YES, that yellow handled Wilton one and Michael's is a little on the small side. Good luck!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:49am
post #5 of 7

I've just spent many hours looking for something like that too. I saw the lady that does confetti cakes using (it looked to be) a plastic one that was huge. The biggest I can find is 10", except the pizza things, but their handles are soooo long. If someone finds one let me know where

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:54am
post #6 of 7

I have an airbake too, as well as a cake lifter (it's about 10" round). What about a pizza peel? Then again, those are wood so they don't slide as well... I agree the airbake is on the thick side, but it definitely does the job... The edge on this Anolon one looks minimal, maybe it would work upside-down (or even right-side up)?? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E0I0NK/?tag=cakecentral-20

OK check out this Wilton one. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000VMHR8/?tag=cakecentral-20

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:23am
post #7 of 7

Would a piece of sheet metal cut to order, or perhaps a heavy guage aluminum cut to order, from your local "Manly Sheet Metal Company" be able to cut a piece for you? check in the yellow pages of the phone book.

I would try it.

How about a piece of plexi glass cut to order?

they might be reasonable in price and less of a hassle to find what you are looking for. Just an idea. icon_smile.gif

(edited to add: Don't laugh! It sounds funny but I'll betch'ya it would work)

Quote by @%username% on %date%