Making A Big Move!

Lounge By Sugarflowers Updated 16 Jan 2007 , 2:53am by SwampWitch

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 5

At first I was little apprehensive, but now I'm excited. My husband got his dream job last week, so we'll be moving to Texas! His job will be in Plano, so we're looking to live in this general area.

It would be great if any Texans are familiar with the area and can give me some information to make the move easier. One of the things I would like to have help with is a good bank. I hate finding a new bank.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Michele

4 replies
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 5

Not from TX but have been there. You know it is just about next door to Dallas. Love the area for decorators but hate the "big" city driving. Welcome to the area. From OK.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 12:59am
post #3 of 5

I'm not from Texas either but I just wanted to say CONGRATS! To your hubby AND to you. I think big moves are exciting. You should put TX in your post title so people from Texas will be more likely to read it. Good luck to you!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 5

Michele, It just dawned on me who you are in this move.....NOOOOO!!! Don't leave.... Hey lady are you still going to be here in SEP? I don't know about this year for me. I had hand surgery in Dec and am still coming off the dopey pain killers. I will miss my Hero here. keep in contact.

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 2:53am
post #5 of 5

My first serious boyfriend was from Plano. icon_biggrin.gif I'm from Austin, but don't really know what to say except if someone asks, "Do you want a coke?" they mean, "Do you want a pop/soda?"

If you don't like Tex-Mex food, you will. It really grows on you, and you start craving it eventually. Texans seem to the have the attitude that they like you unless you prove they shouldn't. It is very nice.

With banks, I'd go with Credit Unions... Hope the move goes well.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%