Calling On Cake Decorators In Jax, Fl

Decorating By ranbel Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 4:23pm by ranbel

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all
I am looking for someone that can print a sugar image for me. I have a last minute request for a cake this weekend.
It is for my brothers girlfriend of almost 10 years that is going in for breast cancer surgery next week. My brother is throwing her a surprise bday party this Saturday. They are big race fans and he has asked for a Ryan Newman cake. Since it is for a female, I thought doing the actual race car pan was too manly. So, I thought of just doing a sheet cake with the racecar image on it.
Or, does anyone know if any local bakers will print and sell images to you?
THank you for your help and keep her in your prayers. She is only 43 yrs young and dealing with breast cancer is scarey, especially since her and I are the same age. It really makes you think about getting those mamograms annually and doing your buddy check 12, each and every month.

8 replies
GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 9

Hi, I'm sorry I dont know of anyone but you can call Publix, they did it for a friend of mine several years ago.
Prayers going out for your family ... I pray all turns out good for ya'll!
And hello from another CC'r from Jax icon_smile.gif Good Luck!

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 9

I wanted to say that Publix will do it, but it's been 4 years that I moved from Florida to Ohio. They did it for me in 2005, for my daughters birthday cake that I made.
My advice would be to go in person in the morning and speak with the baker. I hope they do it for you.
I pray that everything turns out in her favor.

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 9

Publix and Walmart will print edible images for you. Publix is around $8/sheet and Walmart $5/sheet. Walmart's images are slightly better...more vibrant. However, call in advance because not all of the stores have the capability. Sorry to hear about you're brother's girlfriend. I'll keep her in my prayers.

ranbel Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 9

Off to wally world I go.

Thank you all for your help and prayers..

ranbel Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 9

Just got off the phone with wal mart and they still do them...awesome...

Again, thank you all and hello to fellow Jax decorators...

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 9

Great! Glad you're able to get one printed! icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 9

Great! I'm happy you found someone who would do it!! And I'm gonna store that info in MY (ever so small) memory bank too! Again, prayers to your family!

ranbel Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 4:23pm
post #9 of 9

Just got back from wally world with my image and looks great...and was only $5.00... can't beat that one with a stick.
Now that I know they will print them for you, I don't think I'll be investing in a printer anytime soon...

HAPPY BAKING EVERYONE.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%