Ri Tiara Instructions Needed Please & Thank-You.

Decorating By coopette Updated 7 Jan 2009 , 10:08am by coopette

coopette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coopette Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 7

Surely someone belonging to the cc clan can help a newbie, trying to make a cake for her 2 year old Granddaughter. ( please take pity ) I've been searching this forum all day & have found many great pictures in the galleries of tiaras. I would really like to give this a try. ( no guarantees I can even do it ) I have a picture to use but not real sure where to go from here. Going to go ahead & make the RI in hopes that I'll get a some help with this . Thanks for letting me beg a little ( I'm on my knees now icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif ) Charlie

6 replies
archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 7
prcutie71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prcutie71 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 7

Try this one...http://www.cakecentral.com/article113-how-to-make-a-royal.html
I used to make my daughter's for her Sweet 16, it is in my photos...
Have fun with it, I did...

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 7

There is a template in the Instructional Articles... I tape the template around a Crisco can, cover in wax paper then just trace the template with royal icing or chocolate... once dried, i paint then carefully pull it off the can... very fun to do. good luck

coopette Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks to archanac, prcutie71 & tye. I just knew I wouldn't be let down. I've already piped 2 layers of RI & will do one more later today or tomorrow, giving it plenty of time in between to dry. I will let everyone know how it turns out. I'm pretty impressed how it looks this far. Thanks again. Charlie

archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 7

Good luck! You're right on target for making multiple layers of the crown.

coopette Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 10:08am
post #7 of 7

Well I piped 3 layers thick then went around the top & bottom for more stability & this morning I safely removed the tiara from the canister. I think I might have a problem though. I have not added any color (luster dust). Not real sure of how to do that. I have read about the vodka & luster dust thing but at the time wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to those details. I have started another tiara in case I was supposed to leave it on the canister to add the luster dust. If anyone can talk me thru the luster dust process I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have any vodka at the time ( I do have lemon extract ) I have time to purchase what I will need to complete this tiara cause it's not needed until around the 19th. Thanks CCer's for all your input.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%