Oreo Cookie Tuxedos

Decorating By cblupe Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 9:22am by dragonflydreams

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:51am
post #1 of 10

Where do I go to get information on how to make the Oreo cookie tuxedos? I have ordered the molds for the cookies but am clueless as to how to make them look like the tuxedos.

Thanks for your help and I hope this question isn't stupid.

Carol

9 replies
terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:06am
post #2 of 10

Bump......I would like to know too. Thanks

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:11am
post #3 of 10

Hi I'm not sure I seen the molds for tuxes for Oreo cookies but I have made the chocolate dipped kind. You just dip in white chocolate then the sides in regular chocolate then pipe the buttons and bow...I would like to see the mold. Hope this was what you were thinking of.

cblupe Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:22am
post #4 of 10

What do you use to hold the cookies with to keep them from getting fingerprints on them?

The molds are tuxedo specific, they are just a variety of oreo cookie molds but 1 set is for a plain dipped oreo. I hope that makes sense.

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:27am
post #5 of 10

Where did you order these from? Did they not come with instructions?

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:32am
post #6 of 10

You can use a tooth pick in the center in between or you can buy a special tool used for dipping chocolate. And you can ware gloves when you dip.

cblupe Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:56am
post #7 of 10

I bought them from Spinning Leaf and have not received them yet. I hope they come with instructions.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:43am
post #8 of 10

. . . here is a tutorial for "other" oreo molds . . . chances are the tuxedos are done the same way (but I have never seen the tuxedos) . . . http://www.spinningleaf.com/tutorials/chocolate-covered-oreos/step-1.php . . . HTH . . . and here is a previous thread where others have shared some helpful tips . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=612987&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

ImageImage

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 12:18am
post #9 of 10

icon_eek.gif How yummy!! I've never heard of oreo cookie molds until today. Gotta put this on my next wish list icon_razz.gif

dragonflydreams, Thank you for your links -- I think I'll have Chocolate Oreo Cookie dreams tonight!! Maybe I should go to bed early . . .

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 9:22am
post #10 of 10

. . . my pleasure . . . icon_biggrin.gif . . . and sweet dreams (pun intended) . . . icon_smile.gif

ImageImage

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%