Car Door Magnet Or Window Stickers???

Business By korkyo Updated 7 Jan 2009 , 11:39pm by korkyo

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 7

I diden't want to but in on the car door magnet thread.... so here is my question for those that have HAD car door magnets and then upgraded to window stickers..... did you notice a difference?

I have magnets but don't get many calls from that directly. I've been thinking about getting some cool script on the windows. I just can't decide whice is better. My husband also has some reservations about having them on ALL the time.... the van is also our travel vehicle. HUmmmm.... what do you think?

6 replies
tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 7

I only deliver in my personal vehicle right now.. so the magnet is out. My hubby does not want it to fade the paint or leave marks on my vehicle. I am going with the lettering on the back window. I have seen lettering on vehicles and to me it makes a bolder statement. If you are sitting or driving in traffic it would be right in their face! icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 7

I have both. the window signs are on all the time, obviously, so they are always advertising, even when parked. I know im always looking at other peoples advertising on their car and have sometimes written down their info, so im hoping others do the same for mine. Have they bought in any customers? i dont know. I use the door magnet signs when im delivering a cake only. i dont like to leave those on. I got the magnets through vista print, and the window signs through signsbyme think that was the site. and i adhered them myself.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 7

Be careful w/either......
If it is 'permanent' (window stickers) the vehicle becomes 'business' and your insurance rates will go sky high! icon_sad.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 5:42am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

Have they bought in any customers? i dont know.

I ask every single customer "How did you find me?" I want to know which advertising dollars are working and which aren't. Because I ask this every single time, I know the lettering on my van has paid for itself super-many times over already.

And kakeladi is right about the insurance ... be sure to check and see how your coverage works. Just because you DON'T have a sign on your car, doesn't mean your insurance company won't consider it "business use". I worked at a large insurance company, auto division, for 15 years. If you are using your car for business and are not telling your insurance company that, it's call fraud (some say it's called fraud by omission) and they can cancel your policy for it. It's because you are riding around with business risks but only paying for coverage for personal risks ..... you're lying to the insurance company.

If you're ever in a wreck while delivering a cake, they could deny the claim if you don't have commercial coverage.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 6:32am
post #6 of 7

It doesn't matter if it's permanent or not.. if you use your car for business.. your insurance will require and upgrade to commercial insurance.

I'd go for the lettering though.. I think it looks better. icon_smile.gif

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 7

I got a very good deal on my business insurance. My agent thought I was crazy when I told him the qualifications I needed.

....one million policy, includes the business inside and out. Includes any poeple that travel with me for deliveries... including my kids. etc etc. He actually found one for me at a decent rate. I was concerend about my regular auto policy adn the business policy not working together so I moved everything including my home, personal etc. all to the one company. Now there is no possible arguments about which company is responsible for what!!!
LOVE IT!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back to the point. I'm leaning twards the stickers. I think it's more professional.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%