How Far Ahead Can You Make Candy?

Sugar Work By corrine025 Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 9:49pm by fiddlesticks

corrine025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corrine025 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I am making candies from the candy melts that you add flavors to for my wedding favors. I have boxes to put them in and several molds to make them out of. I was wondering how far ahead of time these can be made. can they be kept in the freezer or do they need to stay at room temperature?

5 replies
MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 6

Cool room temperature, weeks to months should be okay.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 6

Cool room temp and several months should be fine !

sillychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillychick Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 6

Just be careful what you store them next to. I made some candies once and stored them next to candles for a wedding. I didn't know they were scented until I tried one a week before the wedding and they tasted really funky. Luckily I had time to do them again, but I wasn't happy about it! Turnes out the candles were gardenia scented and sealed in plastic. I couldn't even smell them through the package but it doesn't take too much exposure to transfer some scents/flavors.

corrine025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corrine025 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 6

wedding is in may, is it too soon? I go back to school on the 12th of january and Im going to be really busy, was trying to go ahead and get some stuff done.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 6

If your just doing melted choc and making shapes, with no added fancy design on them that might fade itself or fade onto a colored choc then yes you can make them now, keep them in a cool place out of the sun and away from other foods etc !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%