American Girl Cake Ideas

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 9:16pm by Cupcakeluv24

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:15am
post #1 of 6

I had someone ask me to do a small 6" American Girl cake for her daughter. Since the cake will be so small, any ideas? I'll take a look at their website too.

Thanks!
Melissa

5 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:49am
post #2 of 6

well with it being so small you just might want to do the logo star with "american girls" on it, or if you want a challenge, you could make some fondant figures of a couple of the girls to put on the cake, sit on it or around the cake. just a couple of ideas....

HTH

singsing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singsing Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #3 of 6

How funny, I just got the AG Jan. Catalogue in the mail today. I looked through it, not really seeing anything that I would put on the cake. Maybe if the girl is getting a doll you could find out what the outfit is and match the colors or if it is a special character, like one of the historical figures, something to match them. Maybe if she is getting a new doll put on it "meet Kristie" or whatever the name is like AG does with all the new books and dolls. Or maybe "Meet ____" (name of girl) and the star logo (American Girl) around the outside edge. The new girl of the year doll is Chrissa, with a cute heart by her name. or her dress is pink with floral pattern you could put on the cake. blah blah this probably isn't helping.

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 6

[quote="singsing"]How funny, I just got the AG Jan. Catalogue in the mail today/quote]

i just went on their website and noticed that they are retiring samantha and nellie!!! I can't believe it. Samantha was my first AG doll when I was a young girl and it makes me sad that she is gonna be gone. I guess I will be glad to have her if I ever have a girl, but why would they retire a classic like samantha?!?! icon_surprised.gif

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 6

Samantha was always my favorite because she and I share a birthday. icon_biggrin.gif I read all the books as a kid, but never got a doll (we just didn't have that kind of money). I hate it they are retiring her. icon_sad.gif

Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 6

I found out about a month ago about Samantha, I didn't know they were retiring more then just her! She was/is my only and only AG I got when I was like 8y/o. I Love her

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%