I Want To Put A Transfer On A Cream Cheese Cake!!

Decorating By gummy_buns Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 5:51am by Rose_N_Crantz

gummy_buns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gummy_buns Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 4

im doing a cake tomorrow night and it a carrot and cream cheese cake. How do i do a transfer with that? i know how to do a bc transfer.... or also can you make cream cheese smooth?? Thanks everyone for your help!! Happy New Year!!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:12am
post #2 of 4

Not sure what you are really asking here. If you know how to do a BCFT why not do it?
Smoothing CrCh is a bit of a problem. Hot knife it? That's about all I can think of.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:30am
post #3 of 4

you can do an FBCT with cream cheese frosting and to get it smooth, it's the same process as with regular buttercream. Hot knife if it's not crusting or paper towels or whatever you would normally use on a crusting buttercream.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:51am
post #4 of 4

In my experience I have had no luck at all with putting a transfer onto cream cheese. My cream cheese always seems a little greasier than buttercream and that causes the colors on the transfer to bleed and run. I do have a way of getting around this though. I apply a very thin layer of buttercream down on top the cream cheese just where you're going to put the transfer. It helps to kind of make an outline of the transfer on the cake so you know where to spread the bc out to. Yeah, just a very thin layer to prevent the cream cheese and the transfer from touching.

I guess another thing you could try is making a fondant plaque with the transfer and sitting that on the cake. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%