Popular Cookies!

Baking By SassySweetz Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 1:44am by Susie53

SassySweetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassySweetz Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:02am
post #1 of 8

I'm new to CC and want to learn how to make the beautiful "sugar cookies" that I see on the font of magazines etc.! My daughter is in competition cheer and when we are at cheer competitions we always see these amazing sugar cookies on a stick with beautiful icing. They are wrapped in a clear bag and tied with cute ribbon.

How do I make these oh so popular cookies?

I need AS MANY details as ya'll can give!

TIA

Ash icon_wink.gif

7 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:36am
post #2 of 8

Sassy, I have a simple cheer bouquet posted, their names on a megaphone. just search cheer, there are some amazing ones on CC. Just scroll through this forum, all kinds of advice, and Antonia74 has a great cookie tutorial (I think it's called) here on CC. Have Fun!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsmake5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsmake5 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 8

Also check www.kitchengifts.com for a video tutorial on icing cookies with a squeeze bottle. It's a fail safe method and easy to learn! Good luck!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 8

Here's the amazing cheer cookies I was thinking of. From one of our amazing cookie artists, Pebbles13
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1287242.html

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:19am
post #6 of 8

are the ones for sale from Cookie Cottage in Red Oak?

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:35am
post #7 of 8

Sassysweetz, get the book "Cookie Craft" by Valerie Peterson and Janice Fryer. It has the best sugar cookie recipe. It has all the basic and some great tips. Almost everything I know I learned from this book.
Just beware that it is time consuming and can become addictive. Good luck. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

By the way what part of TX are you in? I am in Keller just north of Ft. Worth in the DFW metroplex.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #8 of 8

ALVARGA, I've been thinking about buying the book Cookie Craft. I think you just help me to decide to go ahead and get it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%