Character Pan Baking Instructions

Decorating By vteventrider Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm by kakeladi

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 5

I just inherited a bunch of character and odd Wilton pans from my grandmother in law and there are no instructions on the amount of cake or baking times/temps. I know a lot of cc'ers use these so I was wondering if anyone had a cheat sheet for them (primarily the book one). I looked for another thread for this and might have missed one so please feel free to point me to an existing thread as well.

Thanks for all your help!

4 replies
korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 5

Try this site, it has a huge list of cake pans and she will send you the instructions for the ones she has:
http://www.ladycakes.com/pan_instructions.htm

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 5

You can also get them from witon's website:

http://www.wilton.com/shapedpans/browse.cfm

HTH

Judi

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks. My DH is getting irritated by all the pans and told me to use them or get rid of them so I will make him some cakes this weekend to bribe himicon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 5

Actually you don't need any lists or instructionsicon_smile.gif All pans bake best when they are filled 2/3rds full of batter....so in most pans, as they usually are 2" deep, that would be about 1 1/4" deep. Another thing about Wilton character pans is almost all of them were designed to hold the batter of one cake mix.
As for baking temp........if you bake all your cakes at 300 to 325 degrees you will have a very moist, flat cake instead of a dry one w/a hump in the middle. For the amount of time........use you nose! If you can smell it it should be done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%