Best & Worst Gifts Of This Year?

Lounge By auntmamie Updated 7 Jan 2009 , 8:24pm by michellenj

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:43am
post #1 of 11

Well, Christmas isn't totally over for me yet - I'm hosting Christmas on New Years for my family. But, I've gotten my pile from my loveable but bullheaded boyfriend, so let's all gloat and groan.

Best - Mariah Carey "M" Perfume set. The big bottle icon_biggrin.gif

Worst - 3 bottles of hand soap from B&BW. I mean, really nice thought, but three bottles????? No way. I told him thank you, but I'll be getting some lotion tomorrow with an exchange.

Anyone else???

10 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 11

How funny, sometimes I wonder if guys even get it at all. icon_surprised.gif
I was pretty lucky this year, seemed like I got the small kitchen gadget overhaul. icon_smile.gif

Best for me? ... cookie sheets, hand mixer, silk PJ's. icon_wink.gif

Worst? the credit card bills in about 20 days. icon_cry.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 11

For me my best was my 4 slot toaster. I know "they" say never buy your wife appliances so he wouldn't. I've had it on my list for 4 years. Totally unexpected this year.

I got it because our room mate saw my list and commented on the "never buy your wife appliances as occasion gifts. My reply IF IT'S ON THERE I WANT IT SCREW "THEY".

I can't really say I had a "worst" this year so I'll say the worst for me was that I didn't get my Itunes purple nano Ipod that wasn't under the tree and is still out there waiting for me to purchase it. thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 11

The best: My DH bought me a new coat that was much needed.

The worst (but still was a nice gift): A remote control car starter. I know that sounds like "why would that be the worst, it's a nice gift." However, we live in MI and have a 2 car attached garage. My DH parks his car on one side and has his *precious* motorcycle on the other. My van doors have been frozen solid 4x already this winter and I'm lugging all 4 kids outside to get them in. When I received this gift I knew he was going back on his word to move the motorcycle into storage so I could park in the garage.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 11

we agreed not to buy each other gifts this year, but he bought me a small air compressor. I don't know ... I guess my basketball that I don't own is getting flat! (He's REALLY bad at gift buying!)

And I'm one that LUVS getting appliances THAT I WANT as gifts. (but honey .... an air compressor was not on my "gotta have" list!)

best gift (from my kids) ... a set of five 8x10 pics of ALL of my kids and grandkids in a really cool frame!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 11

After telling my (wonderful, really) SIL that I seldom bother using my DVD/VHS player, what did I get from her for Christmas? You guessed it...DVD's!

Go figure!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 11

For some reason my DH got me two pair of wintery boots. Two? And, bless his heart, (southern for dear Lord help him..) he got me a pair of yoga pants from a teeny bopper store. So not only were they too small, my booty crack was on display. Oh, hun...gotta love'um.

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleskaye518

For some reason my DH got me two pair of wintery boots. Two? And, bless his heart, (southern for dear Lord help him..) he got me a pair of yoga pants from a teeny bopper store. So not only were they too small, my booty crack was on display. Oh, hun...gotta love'um.

Maybe the booty carck yoga pants was really a gift for himself! icon_wink.gif

DH did that to me one year. Got me the cutest pants from the GAP, or course it was a size 5! I havent worn a 5 since we dated in high school. Hmmm....now that I think about it, maybe he was trying to tell me I need to lose weight! LOL

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 10:38pm
post #9 of 11

You are all too funny. My DH bought me a pair of black leather pants one year for a birthday gift, my b-day is in June. I wore them once and was a pool of sweat. So he went out and bought me a pair of black leather shorts with a half shirt instead and told me to wear them only when he's around.
Wow, what a great b-day present icon_confused.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 3:12am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice1981

...Worst - 3 bottles of hand soap from B&BW. I mean, really nice thought, but three bottles????? ...

I 'd love 3 bottles of soap from B&BW. I fill all of my bathrooms with it all year long. I never buy anything else, so it would be a great gift for me.

My best Christmas gift this year was my husband paying my culinary tuition and fees without complaint.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 8:24pm
post #11 of 11

My mom got my kids the most dangerous gift ever. It's a retro-looking cotton candy maker that get to about 1,000 degrees hot and blows sugar threads into the air and sugar crystals all over the place. But it LOOKS like a toy.

She also got my son a tractor display thingy for his wall from the Franklin Mint or someplace like that. It is GIGANTIC and UGLY. Plus, the tractors that go on it are crappy plastic and they look like toys, and they break if you look at them wrong. DS doesn't like tractors or farms and we have no affiliation with any farm, so the gift is a mystery to us.

Last year she *forgot* to buy a gift for me, and gave me (not wrapped or in a box, or even a bag) a sexy negligee that she had obviously gotten for herself and it was too small. icon_confused.gif I'm sorry, but that is just so wrong.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%