New Advertisement Help

Business By sugarrose Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 12:19pm by leah_s

sugarrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarrose Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 4

i am doing for the first time a cake show in a bridel fair. and my business is new. i intend to do some flyers for the fair.
can anyone who has expierience give me some points what i should
mention in my flyer.
i have been doing cakes from the age of 10 yrs. and now since 20 yrs
i do cakes for friends and so on who knows my cakes only as a hobby.
but now i do want to start my new business. had also done a internet page.
if some one can help me to present my self properly to come out with my cakes i would be thankful

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:05am
post #2 of 4

The basic contact info ... business name, address, phone, website, email, phone, fax.

Types of cakes you do ... wedding, grooms cakes, birthday, carved, buttercream and fondant designs.

SOME kind of pricing info, even if its just "final pricing depends on the final design. Our base price starts at $xx.xx."

At least a couple of really good color photos of your best cakes. A picture says a thousand words.

Are you running any show specials? "Book your wedding within 3 weeks and receive a 5% discount"

At the bottom, show what action you want them to take .... "Call us to set your sampling appointment."

And just to clarify ... you say your business is "new". Is it a legal business? If not, I'd stay away from any bridal shows. If you are legal, then have a great time at your first show! You'll love it! thumbs_up.gif

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:55am
post #3 of 4

Debi has given you great advice.

I would only emphasize....make sure your brochure looks very professional. I know someone who goes to bridal shows and her handout looks very "homemade." It makes one wonder how her cakes will look.

Also, make sure that all grammar and spellings are correct.

Make it clean, neat, and easy to read.

Good luck, have fun, and smile! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 4

Ditto tlegal part. Inspectors tend to hang out at bridal shows because it's easier to round up all the hobbists. Or at least round up all your info for a later surprise visit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%