How Many Sugar Christmas Cookies Did You Make?

Baking By MicheleH Updated 4 Jan 2009 , 4:26am by SILVERCAT

MicheleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicheleH Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 18

I have an at-home business, and I'm sure relieved that Christmas is over!! I ended up with 240 dozen!! Just being a stay at home mom, doing this many in 3 weeks with all the other things that must get done was CRAZY! I'm glad my husband was such a huge help with the house & kids. He even wrapped all the presents!! Just wondered how many other people had completed?

17 replies
SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 18

Oh My!!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif As in 2,880 cookies???!!! I am in complete awe! I am humbled and embarassed by all the whining I did about doing 34 dozen. I am relieved that Christmas is over too icon_wink.gif I hope you get a chance to put your feet up and get a much deserved break!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 18

That's a HUGE amount of cookies! I was struggling just to get my 12 dozen cookies plus assorted cakes out the door. But then, I work full-time and only decorate for family and friends. Still, it was incredibly busy for me for this time of year. Usually, most people I know like to bake their own treats. I can't even get my mind around 240 dozen!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 18

These were the cut out, decorated kind? icon_surprised.gif Holy Hand Cramp, Batman, even with my commercial kitchen, I would have been dying from doing that many. Take a break with my best friend, Robert Mondavi! You've earned it! thumbs_up.gif

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:42am
post #5 of 18

Holy cow!!! That is a lot of cookies! Does your hand or wrist bother you now?

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:11am
post #6 of 18

I bow down to your Cookie Greatness!!! Man, I was getting burned out on the number I was doing and, trust me, it was a lot smaller! icon_lol.gif I am so wiped out that I haven't even photographed the ones I kept or even counted how many I did! Hats off to you!!! thumbs_up.gif (and to your hubby for his support!)

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 18

Wow, that's A LOT of cookies!, Michelle! You're our hero!
Tracy, I was watching for your Christmas creations for inspiration!? I had to wing it icon_wink.gif
Oh, but wasn't it fun. This was my first Christmas decorating cookies, and I had a blast coming up with fun stuff!
I had a thank-you to a friend's helpers while she was on crutches, and I did snowmen with crutches, They all got a kick out of it!
Now, all rested up and waiting on Valentines Day!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 7:38pm
post #8 of 18

MicheleH - I am still blown away by what you did! Seriously, please tell your hubby how impressed I am that he stepped forward like that. Kudos to him! You are mighty lucky! icon_biggrin.gif

Indydebi - you always crack me up!

Shiney - I am finally getting it together and will post tomorrow. LOVE what you did! You have some really great ideas and definitely inspire me!

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 7:55pm
post #9 of 18

Michele my hand hurts just thinking about all of those cookies!! Wow you are amazing!! I only go around to baking 47 dozen and was completely tired. Those weren't even the cut out and decorated king!!

By the way... what kind of oven do you have??? Just wondering because mine died out before I could bake for my family and friends. I am going to get a new oven with convection... Can't wait to bake cookies in it!!

Again.. congratulations on your 2880 cookies!!! And on having such a great husband to help out with the kids and the house!

MicheleH Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:42pm
post #10 of 18

Last year I did 140 dozen, so I thought I was prepared. NOT!! Even though I just do this from home, I have a double-oven that I got on ebay for $200, and my regular kitchen oven. I bought one of those bakery racks at an auction for $50, and got some pans online to fill it. That was a big help this year. Last year I had cookies set up on tables everywhere!! icon_biggrin.gif
I almost feel guilty because I haven't done anything except the things that HAVE to get done this past week! I've just been hanging out with my kids (ages 2, 5 & 6) You can tell from their attitudes that they are happy that I'm done too!
I'm going to keep resting until Valentines Day!!! icon_lol.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:54pm
post #11 of 18

Wow, that's a lot of cookies...are you seeing them in your sleep? LOL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:55pm
post #12 of 18

wow, and I thought I was stressed.......I made 15 cookie bouquets (9 of them were in coffee mugs and I handpainted the cookies to match each individual mug....pain!) and the rest were all the same. 15 gingerbread houses, cupcakes for 3 kids classrooms, sheetcake for my classroom, and I did this all in one night....well 2 days....baked cookies one day and second day baked cakes, gbread houses and decorated everything....needless to say I never went to bed that night...I'm so glad I'm done with all of that.....i officially have no cakes/ cookies on the books right now.....yesssssssss....I"m thinking about "booking myself out" for January just to recoop.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:24pm
post #13 of 18

I'm with SweetDreamsAT...I should not be whining either after hearing what you've done!!! Wow!!! I just added mine up and did about 65 dozen decorated cookies for christmas. I turned down a bunch of orders this year because it got so crazy but I still feel like I worked my tail off! My right hand is so strong from squeezing the icing bags that I think I could crush rocks! LOL!!! I also have a wonderfully supportive hubby which is the biggest blessing to have by your side. I have one order this January and some later beyond mid-february but I'm not taking any more until Valentines. I feel the need to live a "normal" life for a while!! Seriously, are you up until 9-10pm or later each night doing cookies? (I'm still shaking my head is disbelief!!)

MicheleH Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:36pm
post #14 of 18

Two of my kids are in school, so after the morning bus route (I drive), I would bake as many as I could & make frosting ahead. My little one just kinda milled around the kitchen & made messes! Then, in the afternoon when she took a nap, I'd decorate as many as I could.
(I made the NFSC, then some were royal icing, but most were buttercream.)
I would clean up the kitchen before the kids got home from school, and take a break until after supper. Then, while my husband gave baths & bedtimes, I'd start in again until around 10 or so.
That last week before Christmas was really bad. With all the bad weather and school being delayed or cancelled, presents to buy & wrap, school concerts, delivering all those cookies!
I also got to make about 45 dozen assorted Christmas cookies that I also sold by the dozen. Chocolate truffle cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies, peppermint meltaways, etc.
Good thing I like to do this!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
I keep telling myself that I'll try to bake & make ahead, so I won't be so swamped, but it never happens!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:17pm
post #15 of 18

WOW!

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:25am
post #16 of 18

Uh..... Yeah... WOW!! You rock woman! And so does your hubby! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm actually relieved to hear that some of you are looking to take a month or so off. I just decided that I'm not going to take any orders for awhile while I re-assess the business side of things. So, in the meantime I will be decorating strictly for FUN!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 3:20pm
post #17 of 18

I have no idea, but it was pretty many.
I wish I had a counter on my hand so I could keep track!

My regular Christmas cookie variety did suffer however. I usually make at least 15 different kinds. This time I did only about 7 and 2 different candies. I did much more decorated ones.

But, I did have fun! My kitchen is finally clean and cutters packed away...till Valentines Day! I'm excited for that one..got new stencils!

I also got a wrist brace from my Dr! icon_eek.gif

I can't imagine doing as many as you did! You are my hero!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 4:26am
post #18 of 18

And I complained about the fifty cookies I did for my sons cookie exchange at school, WOW!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%